Chapter 13: Black Out

We all scurried down to the Goblins as fast as possible so we could attack. As we got closer the noises got louder and we heard a great deal of slamming.

"Kili?" Fili asked. "What's going on?" I turned to see the brother walking behind me, but the voices caught my attention. At the sight of kili's face, my stomach churned. Fili wasn't concerned, just a bit confused.

"Goblins. About 500. Do you know if all the women are tucked safely away?" Kili said, a blank look to his face. I looked back to Fili on my left with a very empty expression. I walked back beside Fili and didn't even dare look over to Kili...

"Kili, us women must not hide in safety." I raised my eyebrows as I ran my fingers across the string of my bow and then quickly whipped out one of the multiple knives from my belt.... Then spun it around and held it at point to in front of me. Just to prove a point of corse. "We can fight."

Kili just frowned and walked quicker grumbling,  "I know you can. They cant."

Fili sighed and spoke. "Most, women are in hiding. Not this one though... You couldn't get her off in hiding if you killed her." He smiled with a tiny laugh and we continued to walk to the gold doors. I felt the fear start to creep into my body at the thought of the goblins in our kingdom...

When we did arrive, the bow men and I stepped to the front and I planted myself front and centre. Glancing backwards to Kili who stood behind me with his bow drawn, i met his eyes and felt my cheeks run with heat. I turned my head away, a slight boil of anger teasing inside me. I held my bow in ready and then I saw Thorin glance at me as if he was watching my skills... Like a test. Just for him, my lips curled up to a thin line and I pulled my bow back further. I hated the feeling of their eyes holding me.

"Now!" Thorin shouted and the gold doors were flung open. Our first arrows flew right at the goblins, killing many. The screeches filled my ears, almost making me cover them. Mine hit not one but two as it bounced from attacker to attacker. I felt Fili brush past me as the other dwarves easily slated more. Someone knocked me to the side with their sword drawn and i stumbled backwards almost stepping on Kili's foot, growing fire inside me.

Us bow holders flew into the battle grounds and killed even more. I felt the same adrenaline as before as I counted my kills for fun, a contest Legolas and I would often have during small Orc attacks or outbreaks in the forests. I felt the slight heave of my breath as i gawked in the crawling goblins.

"Sophia!" I heard my name called and I knew who it was. My heart stopped and i felt too many emotions come over me. Kili. I was just so angry!

I finished a last pack of goblins then rushed to him unwillingly. My feet regretting every move.

"The troll." he forced out in between slices. "Kill it! Shoot at it!" I shot my eyes up to find Thorin battling a massive Goblin slave on an upper lurch. Then my eyes caught a strange bird with wide wings that flew through the room. Immediately, my eyes flashed a memory of Legolas grabbing the body of a bat to fly. Hmmm.....

I bolted for the back of a goblin slave and jumped up over it and caught the bat by its feet mimicking his actions. We swung a bit and it was actually incredibly hard to hold on. My voice strained as i tried to guide it as it stabbed its beak into my fingers, sending pain through them. I forced it up to Thorin. I let go and fell at least 7 feet to the floor. My legs went numb with pain but I just held them for a split second and the again, I ran. No arrow I had could take down the goblin so I whipped out two knives. Thorin smashed his axe into it's shoulder but he was short on weapons and the meaty arm barely took the axe. By then the two had noticed me and the Goblin sneered and then walked with thuds in my direction. I glanced down to the battle, Kili and Fili still stood and the army of Goblins was quickly falling. I knew that we would win. The army was frankly pathetic.

I slashed one knife to the hand of my enemy. It flinched as, I just nicked the tip of its finger. A small grunt.... Again I slashed, each time making little cuts that sprayed small bits of blood. I saw Thorin behind the creature as he angrily walked over with his second axe at the ready to stab the creature. I slashed with the hooked blade and reared my hand back to snatch a large knife off my back. The knife found a mark it its neck.

Out from behind, Thorin smashed his axe into the back of the creature's skull. I winced, seeing the dark blood rain from behind.

The creature screamed louder than I thought it could. Taken by surprise I was clawed in to a firm fist then flung to the ground. The last energy the creature had. A massive spike of pain stabbed my shoulder and back that grew like an icicle in a snowstorm. Next thing I knew, I felt a huge thud next to me and a growing collection of black across my eyes as i made contact firmly with the stone hard ground. A following crunch erupted from my side, totally taking my consciousness.