Chapter 12: Stuck In My Nightmare

Just a small note that BOTFA never happened in this story. 😍😘 Thanks for reading preciousseessss...

As i wandered back in to the mountain after speaking with Fili, my heart was somewhat raised. However, as i started making my way back to my room so i could find a maid to fetch me a new set of covers seeing as before i left Fili, i had stepped in a mud puddle, soaking the leather, I accidentally wandered down a wrong hall that lead me deeper into confusion.

When I realized i had been walking for far too long, i started to feel my chest heave in anticipation. I reached a large set of doors and pushed them open with a short prayer, only to reveal a massive room with a tall ceiling and strange balconies around the upper half. My mind twisted with confusion and panic...

"THORIN!!!!" I started yelling out in a fluffing of running and rushing. "KILI! FILI! Anyone!" I slumped down on the floor in distress after a few moments of sheer panic. "Anyone." My voice was cracking with a spout of tears that were rising. I knew and so did the other dwarves that if you became lost in the mountain, you would never escape with so many tunnels that branched off because of the mighty dirt eaters from years ago. A tear or two spilled over my cheek as I lay on my back in the corridor. My lips sang a soft tune as minutes turned to hours and time started to take its tole.

""Home is behind the world ahead
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade""

Over and over my lips softly rang this tune in the tunnels... It was one my father had sung me before he went to war with a large fleet of orcs.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 🍃🌷🍂 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Suddenly the ground shook. Hard.

A small crumble of dust fell in my mouth and woke me up from a dark slumber of my nightmare. I was running and crying and screaming for life because I was lost in the dwarfish tunnels... My eyes came to see my surroundings... Not a dream I guess.

Another huge slam and shake of the mountain sent more dust upon me. What was going on?

I ran my fingers slowly over the top of my bow that lay by my side. I reached for the handle so I could be ready for whatever came my way and when I felt the grip I snatched it up to my chest. Another spray of dust on my head and I shook it off lightly. Softly I reach back for an arrow that hung on my back and a sly smile split across my face. For years I haven't been fighting because I was a girl. The dwarves ignored my elvish blood and talents but now... I was alone.

And then, the wall of stone collapsed and tumbled in my direction. I quickly sprinted to the left and pulled an arrow back. At the first sight of a Goblin I let go an it his right between the eyes. A flush of excitement and adrenaline crashed in my veins and suddenly, I was no longer Sophia the princess of Rivendell, but now Sophia the warrior of Middle a Earth. Pride ran inside me...

With each arrow I sent flying, more happiness came but also fear... The Goblins came in close to me and closer and closer... I needed help and fast. I reached back for an arrow when all my face turned as pale as a ghost. All My Arrows Were Gone.

I looked to the right, free space, so I bolted for the gold doors that lay open for escape and then I saw three black arrows clink on the ground beside me. All I felt was utter fear as I kept running for my life at the doors.

I passed the and then blocked them closed just in time. The gold doors locked with big cranks that turned and pushed long polled to lock it. I kept running then with a last glimmer of hope to escape and warn the dwarves. But I remembered that I was lost...

No time. Panic again. I skidded and flipped with every elvish technique I knew to get out of the halls. I recognized a statue of Thoror then and I knew how to get out.

Running faster than ever before, I got to the main hall and shouted at my upmost capacity. "HEYYY!!!!! GOBLINS ARE INVADING! I REPEAT, GOBLINS ARE INVADING!!!!!" The Dwarves all heard my call and their courage never faltered for a second. Each dwarf hurried to find weapons and armour but Thorin stopped by me.

"Tell me, how many? Where? Wait, did you already fight them?" Thorin's eyes shot down to the bow in my hand and the lack of arrows on my back. He nodded and then his grimace turned to smile.

"About 500 and they are in...." I looked to the only map in the mountain beside me, "The Far East corridor here." I pointed.

"Thank you. You will be needing more arrows." He motioned to my bow.

I squished past dwarves to the armoury and found Kili who was examining a chest plate. He looked up as I approached him. "You should take this to wear, Sophia." I looked down to see a layer of chains intwined. Dwarfish armour.

"I don't need any of the armour here, Prince." I pressed the jacket back into his hands. Our eyes would not meet and without another word, i turned and walked away.

H e furrowed his eyes behind me when i looked back and just kept walking away, a tiniest of stinging pain behind my eyes.

I stretched to grab a massive pile of arrows and an extra arrow carrier with even more arrows. Then I snatched a collection of sharp knives from a stand and off we went... I turned the sting into anger and took my anger to the bodies of the goblins.