Chapter 4: In The Forest

I sat on my horse with one leg on either side. Any lady at all would tell me to put two on one side but, I haven't got the time.

I trotted across the first river already. There are three to go if I remember correctly from the first time I travelled these woods with my father.

Both my parents had died when I was young. My father, when I was 7 and my mother when I was born.

I had been living with Mr. Butterbur since I was 13. That was two short years.

My entire life had been messed up thanks to my odd combination of family and moving homes was the primary problem.

I pranced through more trees and more trees. I was too low to be hit.

The sun was getting low in the sky snd I was feeling tired so I rode on for another long while. It got very late so I stopped the horse next to a nice tree and tied her on. Then I fed her some food and climbed up a tree.

On horse, I should only have one more night to sleep through.

I found a comfy-ish branch on the tree and got as comfy as possible. I took out some water and bread I had packed and had a munch.

Then I rested.

The next morning I found my self hanging of the branch by half my body and when I woke up, I almost fell of with fear.

I quickly ate some bread and got off again, eager to reach Bag End.

The hours trailed on and the familiar woods did too. I wasn't worried about losing my way at all. I knew these woods and they knew me. I came across the second trail of water and then soon the next.

I felt as though I was almost there but not quite.

The night came once more and I found an even nicer tree to rest in. My days seemed long, but that was expected because all I was doing was sitting.

Finally the next day I came across a peaceful town of Hobbits. Finally! The inner Shire! I made it!

Now, I remembered the sign Gandalf had made on Bilbo's door long ago and I hopped it remained.

I wandered through the town saying Hello to many Hobbits who were out. They all looked me up and down like I was a creature from another universe. In fact, if you had ever seen a hobbit, a dwarf, a wizard or man, you knew my race.

I found Bilbo's home at last! Young Frodo sat out front smoking.

"Frodo!" I screeched.

"Sophia!" He replied as I entered the gate to earn a hug. "It is so nice to see you here!"

"Thank you." I smiled right in front of me. It was nice to see another 4 foot tall. "Prepare for dwarves!"

"What?"

"Oh, and one wizard!" I put on a devilish grin and walked inside to find Bilbo...