Chapter 30 : Trust

Hello everyone! I just wanted to say thanks again for how much you've supported me in this book again! Please don't forget to vote, it really helps me. Thanks!

"Umm..." Nural started speaking in her low voice. You was standing up in such a pretty dress with only a touch of gold around her neck in the form of a bright necklace. The pendant was a little gold bird as if it was in mid-flight. "Hello everyone. My name is Nural as a lot of you already know. Recently your new king has proposed marriage to me and because of this, I am here to speak in front of you today. I accepted the proposal and I think that most of you saw this coming if you've ever met me." A select few dwarves let out a cheer of happiness and Nural gave them a shy smile.  I held back a laugh because for sure, I never saw this coming. I shared a side ways glance with Kili as if it was planned and Nural continued talking again. "However, there is some controversy on the matter of me becoming the wife of your king. You see, I bring you no advantages. I knew Fili as a young girl but I... I don't have anything to offer. This brought some conflict to the situation and here I will tell you a short story of who I am. And in the end, we will have to see if the lot of you accept me."

I exhaled deeply and we all attentively looked up at her. So, she spoke. She started with her story about being a young girl in The Iron Hills. Then, how she started work as a mail carrier for her father who fell ill. Her father then proceeded to pass away, and she was forced to travel the lands passing around mail. When it came time for her to explain how she met me in Bree, she faced me square on. Her big eyes spoke to me and she said she was sorry for lying, but had to use a cover identity while carrying mail beyond places with dwarfish people only. The two men where people she hired to work with her in the business. As she spoke, the thousands of dwarves looked up with a straight face and respect. Silence fell where it was needed and cheers erupted when they could.

She had a certain way with the people... One I admit I envy.

When it came time to decide if she would stay, not a soul made a noise-or rather dared to make  noise when asked if she was denied. This girl had given us reason for her being here and I was satisfied enough. Kili seemed pleased and it was promptly decided the wedding would occur the day after.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-

When the wedding rolled around the next day, everyone was really exited. I had dressed myself in a blue dress with no gold. No silver. I was simple and the long light blue dress showed that i wanted nothing to do with standing out at all. However, when i heard the convenient knock on the door outside my rooms, i opened it to see Kili with a smile on his face. He had a necklace clasped in his hands held up all ready to be put on my neck.

"Kili." I said and gave him a look of surprise.

"I knew you wouldn't have anything to wear." He grinned down at me and reached around my neck placing the chain down over my collar bone.

"I wasn't going to wear any jewelry, Kili. No gold, no jems." I took the pendant in my fingers and saw that it was a silver bird in mid-flight. "This is the same one that Nural is wearing."

"Well, it's silver. Not gold." He said and reached for my free hand, taking it in his. As he started guiding me out of the room, a looked back up to him with curiosity.

"Why?"

"It was Fili's idea i give you the bird to wear. He though that because your..." He started speaking but trailed off in a strange manor. "You see, the thing is that a lot of people now have their bets that someday you would be my wife. It's not certain i know but thats what people say."

"Oh," i could feel the blush on my neck... "I haven't heard about that."

After a few awkward moments, we arrived at the ceremony. All was well the entire way through. After the wedding Fili and Nural were given some time in peace alone and everyone else in the kingdom had loaded themselves with ale. Although, Kili and i had only had one or two ale while socializing, the two of us headed back to his rooms.

The two of us.

As we entered the chambers, some elusive conversations led to a passionate kiss. That led us to a heated kiss and finally resulted in our first time to bed. The time was romantic and satisfying...

This special evening was soon to be the first of many.

Thanks for reading this chapter! So, i decided to only elude to sex because i felt in some way it was a bit classier than going into detail. Just a little left to the story and i swear that this time, i wont be bringing it back😂