Chapter 18: Honesty

"Up ya gets!" A knock on the door sent me stirring awake. I had been here for quite a while now, in the mountain, and most of it was spent thinking. Ever since last week when i had bern in Dale, i've been plotting my escape so that i could go be who i really am and live in my... Home. The thought sent a shiver down my spine of the place that i was to return myself to and the evil that i knew rested inside it. I had been told of the place i am from... You see it all started with my Grandmother on my father's side.

She was a strong headed Dwarf with a lot of attitude, or so i heard. She lived here in the mountains as a baby but then when it was taken by Smaug, she was known to be dead. But, the baby and her mother was not dead, for they had ran away into the depths of the mountain. They rested there for hours, even days with other Dwarves who had ran. Their water and food started to run short as they barricaded in their own filth. Smaug rested outside their small hidden room and kept them inside. As Dwarves started to rot and starve, they all started dying but, they had eaten each others bodied for food and burned the rest for heat. Some lived for weeks among the dead, waiting to die. Soon, the baby and her mother were the last to live. A grumbling had come from the mountain and Smaug arose to leave the mountain for food. Whats this? A chance to run? But the woman was too week to run so she scurried out to the gate slowly.

She was the only survivor of the barricading dwarves along with her baby. They were left to see bodies and ruin scattered across the gates that were started to decompose.

The woman was so week, she dedicated her last bit of strength and energy to her baby and finding it a home. So she did, in the land of Mirkwood. She died after reaching Mirkwood but her baby lived on. She grew up as an elf there and soon married one too.

They had a child, my father, who was half dwarf and half elf.

On my Mother's side, the story is all about her father. Her father was a wizard who travelled the lands of Middle Earth. He was much like Gandalf but his name was Saurul... I was told by my father that he was Sauruman's brother and then, he and his family were on the "good" side. Saurul hid in the shadows of his older brother and tended to hide himself from the mischief Sauruman seemed to be involved with. He left his brother for some place outside of Middle Earth and returned years later, weary and different... When he returned, it was much later and he arrived in The Shire. A young hobbit named Matilda helped him regain his strength and the two became attached to each other. He was forced out of Hobbiton by others and left the hobbit he loved. Before he left, he married her in secret and the two had a child. She offered to come with him but he refused because she would be in danger.

That child was born, a girl, my mother. How did my parents meet? Well, it started when the my mom went on an adventure with her father. They were to go to Mirkwood to see Thranduil and i think you can guess what happened next. My mother met my father and they fell in love. Then, had me.