Part 19: Drama

Once the dance performance was over,
Dida noticed that Pallavi had a ring box with her and was talking to Pragya.
Aryan came to her.

Aryan:"what happened Dida?"
Dida:"i can't understand why are there rings?"
She pointed to Pallavi and Pragya.
Aryan:"Do i have to make Shahana wear ring again?"
Dida:"no there are no such rituals. Rings are exchanged only during engagement and wedding. And your engagement is done and wedding is in two days."

Aryan:"so what are the rings for?"
Dida signed that she doesn't know.
Dida:"ask Shahana, it might be a ritual from her side."
Aryan went to Shahana who confirmed that there were no such rituals.
The trio were tensed about the rings.

That's when they heard Abhi on the mike.
Abhi:"so today's Aryan and Shahana's Sangeet ceremony but at the same time, i want to ask Vikram and Pallavi something."

All attention were on Abhi. Even Pranbir were listening carefully as they thought that there were something wrong.

Abhi, continued:"we are already becoming relatives, but now, i want it to go further."
Everyone was confused as Abhi was roaming around the subject. But Pallavi and Vikram were smilingly waiting for what Abhi was asking.

Ranbir noticed them and was curious. He knew something was up but what. What were they planning?

Abhi::"with great pleasure, i am announcing the engagement of Ranbir and Rhea."
Everyone clapped at the news while the obvious people were shocked.
But mostly Prachi and Ranbir.

Rhea came to Abhi and hugged her. Vikram ans Pallavi also joined with Pragya.
They asked Ranbir to come.

He looked back at Prachi who was still in shock.

Ranbir went on stage while the other family members were happy.
The other part pf the family were confused.

Ranbir took the mike from Abhi.
Ranbir:"I am sorry for the inconvenience but please, you guys can leave. The function is over."
He told the guests.
Abhi:"Champ, what's wrong?"
Ranbir:"sorry chief, but no. I can't do this."
He turned to the guests and requested them to leave.
The guests started leaving.

Vikram, angrily went to Ranbir:"what did you do?"
Ranbir:"aunty, Chief, i am not going to marry Rhea."
Vikram turned him back to face him.

Vikram:"what are you saying?"
Pragya looked at Rhea who was teary eyed.

Pragya:"but we thought that you like her...."
Dida:"Pallavi, why didn't you ask Ranbir first?"
Pallavi:"i thought he liked her. They spend time with each other at office. And Rhea is a good match for Ranbir."

Ranbir:"you don't get to decide this."
Vikram:"don't you know how to talk to your mother now?"
Ranbir looked away trying to control his anger.

Abhi:"mistake is ours, we should have ask him first."
Vikram:"can't you see that you created a scandal? Now our reputation will be ruined just because of you, once again."

Ranbir remembered when Vikram told him the same thing when some people got to know that he was taking drugs.

He clenched his fists.
Prachi noticed his clenched fists and came to him along with Aryan.
She held his hand while Aryan was on the other side.

Pallavi noticed Prachi's concern for Ranbir.
Rhea:"this is all my fault, i should not have thought like this about Ranbir. I am sorry, Ranbir.  Nothing is going to change for Aryan and Shahana. And i will still be Ranbir's employee and friend."

Vikram:"see, this girl loves you and is still protecting you and you...."
Abhi:"Vikram, enough now. Ranbir does not love Rhea. It's clear. We should end this topic right here."
Pallavi:"Abhi is right."

Vikram noticed Pranbir's entangled hands.
Vikram:"ohh, so this is the reason."
Everyone looked at Pranbir.
Vikram:"due to this girl."
Dida:"what's wrong if Ranbir loves Prachi?"
Pallavi fumed and clenched her fists hearing Dida.

Pallavi:"yes Vikram. It's ok if Ranbir loves her."
Vikram:"but Pallavi..."
She nodded no and he stopped.

Pallavi apologized to Abhigya and Rhea.
Pragya:"no, it's good we got to know everything. Otherwise it would have been a false hope for Rhea."
Pallavi sadly smiled at her.
Abhi:"and Vikram, take it easy on Ranbir. It's ok, he can make his own decisions."
Vikram nodded. And Mehras left from there.

Vikram:"i can't expect anything from you."
Pallavi:"it's ok, Vikram. We cannot force Ranbir. He is our son after all."
Vikram:"our son? To hell with him. If he was our son, he would have listened to us. He would have gone ahead with the engagement with Rhea. But no... he didn't. Just because of this girl."

Pallavi smirked at Vikram's reaction but pretended to calm him down.

Vikram, to Prachi:"and who the hell are you? We thought you are Shahana's friend but no, you were trapping my son in your fake love. You shameless..."
Ranbir stopped him.

Ranbir:"whatever it is, say it to me, not to her."
Vikram, angrily:"now you will argue with your father."
He was about to slap Ranbir but Prachi stopped him.

Vikram:"move aside."
Prachi:"you cannot hit him when you wish and expect that no one will stop you."
Vikram:"i am his father..."
Prachi:" i don't think so with the way you are acting. Fathers are not like that. They protect their kids but you... you are hitting him again as if the previous ones were not enough."

Vikram and Pallavi looked at each other, realising that Ranbir told her.

Vikram:"you surely know how to talk. Maybe you should learn to keep quiet as you are not a saint as well. You trapped Ranbir just for his money and now speaking rubbish. You bloody gold digger."

Ranbir, angrily:"Mr. Kohli... don't you dare say anything about her. And what gold digger areyou talking about?"
Vikram:"this girl who trapped you..."

Ranbir:"you think she is with me just for my money. Sorry to say she is not like some people."
He said looking at Pallavi who was fuming.

Ranbir:"for your kind information, Prachi's family is one of the richest families in London. If she wants she can buy our business several times. Her grandmother was the number one lawyer of London. So better watch your mouth before saying anything."

Vikram and Pallavi looked at each other.

Prachi:"now that you know i belong to a lawyer family, you should watch your actions especially your hands well. If you dare to raise hands on Ranbir again, i will not hesitate to call the police."

Aryan and Dida smiled proudly at her. Dida thought she was referring to the last time only.

Vikram left followed by Pallavi.
Dida:"Ranbir, go, drop her at the hotel. When you come back we will handle them."
Ranbir nodded and left with Prachi.

——————-
10k🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳
This story reached 10k already.
Thank you guys. For all the love ❤️
Thank you thank you ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️