Part 36

Mat the wedding alter:
Pranbir came there and noticed that Aryan was already seated.
Abhi brought Shahana downstairs and as they crossed Pranbir, Shahana held Prachi's arm.
Shahana:"let's go."
Prachi grew tensed and nodded no.

Ranbir:"you go. I will bring her."
Shahana nodded and went ahead.

Ranbir:"come, there is nothing for now."
He brought her near the alter.

The priest asked for the person who will carry out the rituals from both sides.
Abhigya came forward for Shahana while Dida signed Aryan.
Aryan:"Ranbir will do everything from my side."
Ranbir looked at him. Aryan signed him to come.

Shahana also made Prachi come next to her. She noticed that Prachi was tensed  and asked her.
Ranbir:"Prachi has Pyrophobia, she is scared of fire."
Arhana looked on.
Prachi jokingly to ease up the situation:"that's why Ranbir is on the cooking duty. I will stick to baking and other things."

Shahana:"that's best."
Aryan:"that's why Ranbir learn how to cook."
Ranbir glared at him.
Prachi looked at him.
Prachi:"you told me you already knew cooking from Dida."
Aryan:"he went to learn as he got to know you are scared of fire."
Shahana:"how romantic."
Prachi just looked at Ranbir lovingly.

The priest started the rituals. Prachi moved back a bit but Ranbir held her hands.
Ranbir:"don't worry. I am with you."
He entangled their hands.
Prachi:"why didn't you tell me that you went to learn how to cook?"
Ranbir:"i thought it was just a small thing but seeing how surprised you were, i guess it was not."
Prachi:"it is not a small thing. It was so sweet of you."
She leaned in and kissed him on his cheek.
Prachi:"thank you."
Ranbir smiled at her.
Even if they were surrounded by people, they were in their own bubble of happiness.
But there were people who had their eyes on them. Pallavi dragged Rhea with her.

Pallavi, angrily:"didn't i tell you to impress Ranbir?"
Rhea:"i know but Prachi and him are stick like glue to each other. They don't leave each other alone."
Pallavi:"do your best. I need that girl out of Ranbir's life, mind and heart."
Rhea:"that's not going to be easy. Ranbir is fond of her, so much that he went on learning how to cook just because she is scared of fire."
Pallavi, smirking:"Prachi is scared of fire?"
Rhea confirmed it and asked seeing her smirk.

Pallavi:"i have to show that girl her place. She is flying too high."
Rhea:"that's true. Let Aryan and Shahana's wedding be over."
Pallavi just nodded and they both came back to the wedding alter.

The priest started the rituals and Arhana went around the fire.
Everyone around them were showering flowers on them except Pranbir as Prachi refused to leave his hand.
This was Prachi's biggest fear. She was always nervous around fire. Mr and Mrs O told her she was once stuck in fire in childhood. That's when she developed itt.
This time they were far from the fire and she had Ranbir with her. She had no reason to fear.

As Arhana were completing the seven rounds, Prachi turned to Ranbir.
Prachi:"Mr. Kohli, what say, should we also get married?"
He looked at her shocked and surprised. Prachi held her laugh seeing his expression.
Prachi:"the wedding alter is ready, tge priest is here, guests are here and both our families are here, what say?"
He didn't know what to reply and just looked at hr. At this point, Prachi couldn't hold her laugh any longer.
She bursted out laughing.
Prachi, laughing:"sorry sorry. I am joking. Our family is incomplete without your employees."
Ranbir looked at her smilingly. She knew him too well.

Prachi:"and i won't be able to do the seven rounds."

Ranbir:"i will find a way to do it without you being too close to it."
This time she looked at him smilingly.
Prachi, surprisingly:"Means we will get married?"
Ranbir also realized what he said. He ruffled his hair nervously and looked away.

As the wedding rituals goes on, Mr & Mrs O also joined them.
Pallavi signed Vikram. He went to them and requested to speak to them.
They went aside.

The Oberoi were listening attentively.
Vikram:"i know you don't see me as a good father, maybe i am not. But i know my son. He is self destructive. He will hurt your daughter one day or the other.
You have a lovely daughter, take her away from here."

Mr. O:"you think you know your son. No, not at all. If you knew him, you would have known that Ranbir is a gem. Forget hurting her, he won't allow someone to even scold her.
Ranbir is a nice, independent and confident boy. He achieved a lot in his young age. Multi millionaire within few years. That's Ranbir Kohli, my boy."
Mrs. O:"you don't have a standard to know him."
They both left from there leaving Vikram fuming. Pallavi also heard what they said. Vikram came to her.
Vikram:"they trust Ranbir so much. They didn't believe about Ranbir hurting her."
Pallavi:" them maybe we should show them."
Vikram:"what will you do?"
Pallavi:"it will surely break them."

——-
I am back...
Thank you all for bearing me and the long break.
😂