Part 20

At the hotel:
Prachi had already changed when she noticed Ranbir staring outside the window.

She remembered how they announced Ranbir and Rhea's engagement. She went to him and hugged him tightly.

Ranbir, concernedly:"what happened?"
But she just tightened the hug.
Ranbir:"Prach?"
He held her by the shoulders and made her face him.
He noticed her teary eyes. And grew tensed.
Ranbir:"what happened?"
Prachi:"i can't see you with anyone's else. And today when they announced about you and Rhea, it hurt. Badly."
She hugged him again.

He also hugged her to comfort her. He knew her: she would fight against everyone for them but alone with him, she will unleashed all her fears and insecurities. Well, he did as well. They couldn't hide anything from each other.

Ranbir kissed her head.
Ranbir:"Prachi, no one and i mean it, no one will come in between us."
Prachi moved her head to look at him:"promise?"
Ranbir leaned in and captured her lips.
Ranbir:"sealed with a kiss."
Prachi chuckled at his antics.

Ranbir:"forget all this. You just sleep. You have your exams tomorrow and i don't want what happened today affect that."
Prachi nodded.

Ranbir:"i have to go back for Dida. I will pick you up in the morning."
He tucked her in bed and was about to leave but she held her hands.
Prachi:"stay, until i fall asleep."
Ranbir, smilingly:"how can i refuse this cute face."
He laid besides her and stroked her hair.

Prachi fell asleep within few minutes and Ranbir untangle himself from her. He kissed her forehead and left for Kohli's mansion.

He entered to find Dida and Aryan in the hall.
Dida:"Is Prachi fine?"
Ranbir nodded with a small smile.
Ranbir:"you don't worry, she is a strong girl."
Dida:"i saw it when she defended you earlier. She is perfect for you. I already approve."
Ranbir ruffled his hair at Dida's comments.
Aryan:"we approve."

Dida:"go, rest now. You must be tired."
Ranbir nodded. Dida left from there.

Aryan:"are you ok? You didn't want them to know about her but now..."
Ranbir:"i will have to keep an eye on them now. Mr. Kohli might not do anything but she might...."
He was referring to Pallavi.

Aryan:"we will see her. I hope now Rhea will also stop being clingy."
Ranbir:"let's hope."
Aryan:"go, rest."
The boys went to their respective bedrooms.

Ranbir's room:
Ranbir turned on the lights to see Pallavi there.
He knew it was useless telling her to leave that's why he was leaving himself.

Pallavi:"don't you dare turn your back on me?"
Ranbir;"or else? What will you do? Drug me again... go ahead. I am not weak that i will tolerate all your shits."

Pallavi:"that girl changed you so much."
Ranbir:"yeah, she did for the good."
Pallavi:"Ranbir, why don't you see? She pulled you away from us."
Ranbir looked at her unbelievably:"you are the one who did that. Not Prachi."
Pallavi:"only i have right on you. On your anger, and most importantly on your fears. You cannot escape the terrors i fit in your mind."

Ranbir:"well, they are no longer there."
Pallavi:"you remember when you were small you said there won't be a third person between us, then what happened?

Ranbir:"i was four... and you were my mother at that time. Not anymore. You are just a self-centered,, egoistic and mean woman."
Pallavi, angrily:"Ranbir...."
She was about to slap him bit Ranbir moved away.

Ranbir:"don't you dare, Mrs Kohli. Don't forget what my girlfriend told you."
Ranbir left angrily from there.

Pallavi angrily went to her room and broke her things. Vikram was drunk so he didn't bother the noise.
Pallavi:"no Ranbir, you can't grow closer to Prachi. You will marry Rhea. And i will have control  over her and you as well. You cannot find a cure to the pain that i have given you. Never."

Ranbir went back to Prachi's hotel and laid besides her on the bed.
Soon he felt her stirring and hugging him. His tensed and stiff body soon relaxed and he felt asleep as well.

Next morning:
Prachi woke up first, she somehow knew that Ranbir came over last night, so she wasn't surprised seeing him next to her.

She went to take a bath and got ready quickly.
Ranbir also woke up when she was in the bathroom. As she went in quickly she forgot her clothes outside and wore the bathrobe.

She thought that Ranbir will be still asleep. When she came out, she clashed with Ranbir.
He noticed her.
Prachi, nervously:"h..how c.. come you woke up? I thought.. you were still a... asleep."
Ranbir:"then, it's great that i woke up."
He pushed her wet hair away from her face. He brushed her cheeks and memories of last night came back.

He leaned in and connected their forehead.
Ranbir:"well, Miss Oberoi, you are looking hot."
She blushed at his comment.
Ranbir:"i don't want to start anything since you have exams but we can continue this another day."
Prachi:"exams. Move. I need to get ready." She lushed him aside and got ready. He also went to get ready.

They went to the office together.
Ranbir told his secretary that no one should disturb them until 13:00, and to call him if he was needed.

He made Prachi sit in his place with the laptop in front of her.
Ranbir:"you will do great." He kissed her forehead and continued his work on the couch.

3 hours later, Prachi was done with her exams. She closed the laptop and joined Ranbir on the couch. She placed her head on his shoulders and rested.
Ranbir:"how did it go?"
Prachi:"not bad. Actually it was good."
Ranbir:"well done."

Prachi:"should we order lunch, i am hungry?"
Ranbir nodded and called his secretary.
They chat while waiting for the food.

Prachi:"do you think that the bachelorette party is still on tonight?"
Ranbir:"yeah, it is. Aryan messaged me, Shahana will come to your hotel to get ready."
Prachi:"great."
Ranbir, looked at her:"why are you so happy for that party?"

Prachi, teasingly:"that's the night that i can see and appreciate other boys without you glaring at them."
She chuckled but stopped seeing his clenched jaws.

Prachi:"i was just kidding. (She caressed his cheek with her thumb) I won't even think forget look at any other boy. You are irreplaceable in my life."
Ranbir held her elbows and pulled her to him:"it better be like that."
He closed the distance between and kiss her cheek.
At the same time, the door bursted open. It was Aryan
Aryan:"sorry, sorry. I will come later on."

Ranbir:"since you already interrupted it, please come in."
Aryan entered laughingly.

Aryan:"exams went well?
Prachi nodded yes.
They discussed her exams until their lunch arrived.

They served each other and had a great time just talking about random things.

————-
Thank you guys for all the love.
Sorry for the mistakes in the chapters, i write them very quickly.