Part 25: Dangerous intention

After a few days:
Prachi was in the kitchen, sitting on the counter watching Dids baking a cake.
Dids:"you memorized everything."
Prachi:"of course Dids. Now hurry put it in the oven."
Mr and Mrs. O also joined them.
Mrs. O:"you learning how to bake cake today."
Prachi nodded yes, happily.

Mr. O:"Ranbir and Sam's family are also coming tonight."
Dids:"special occasion?"
Mr. O:"not really. Anyway, Sam is a nice boy right?"
Prachi rolled her eyes at that comment. She hasn't told her dad about what were the intentions of Sam.
Her father was fighting a case for them. An important one. If he wins that, he will become the second top lawyer after Dids.

Mrs. O:"i like Ranbir more."
Dids:"i like him too. He stays quiet but very respectful."
Unknowingly a smile came on Prachi's face.

Dids, teasingly:"he is nice, right Prachi?"
Prachi:"if you guys find him nice, he must be."
Mr. O:"go get ready now."
They all dispersed to their room.

During dinner, Sam's family and him came first.
They were talking about the legal issue that Sam's dad was dealing.
Sam was searching for Prachi who was helping settling the table.
The doorbell rung again.

Dids:"go go, Prachi."
Prachi went to the door. She opened to find Ranbir.
Prachi:"hi..."
Ranbir just did a head nod.
He entered and came in the hall. Ranbir sighed seeing other people as well.
He was enjoying the little family dinner that they had even though he wasn't family.
Prachi noticed the change.

Pranbir joined them in the living room.
He greeted Prachi's parents and Dids and sat down.
Sam's father:"Ranbir Kohli... pleasure meeting you."
He got the same reply from Ranbir.
Sam's father:"you are the new shot in business, prospered in such a short time. However, your brand is deteriorating elsewhere. Looks like you don't like your dad's business."

Everyone looked at each other. Prachi noticed how Ranbir's fists were clenched.

Sam:"looks like he doesn't get well with his dad as well as his family. Not once has he talked about his family in the media."
Sam's father:"why is that? They gave you everything, you could help your dad a bit back home."
They were playing with fire and they knew it well that Ranbir doesn't talk about his family at all. No one ever questioned him or mentioned his family in front of him.
They just know he is secretive about his personal life.

Prachi:"he achieved so much on his own, he should be proud. Not like others who are relying on their dad for everything."
She taunted Sam indirectly.

Mrs. O and Dids tried to hide their smile while Mr. O looked on interestingly.

Dids:"with that said, we should proceed to dinner. Prachi, go set the table."
Mrs. O:"take Ranbir with you. He is family now, no need to be formal."
Prachi:"yes, let's go. Help me."
Ranbir followed her to the kitchen. She went to the fridge and poured a cold glass of water.
She handed it to Ranbir.

Ranbir looked at her questioningly.
Prachi:"you are burning from anger, it will calm you down."
Ranbir drank the water without a word while Prachi was busy with the dishes.

Ranbir:"how did you know that i was angry?"
Prachi:"it's easy. You are an open book. Your every emotions is seen in your eyes. (Prachi approached him) They reflect what you truly feels. And it's not difficult to read that."

Prachi came closer to him. And he was lost in her.
Ranbir, still lost:"and what are they reflecting now?"
Prachi observed him carefully. Ranbir was noticing her every expression, her every feature and her every cute moves.
Prachi, came a bit more closer:" right now they show only one thing..."
He was listening to her attentively.
Prachi:"peace."
They had an eyelock.