Part 52: Happy Pranbir

It was Peter from London.

Ranbir:"it better be important, Peter. I am not going to spare you if it's not."
Prachi chuckled hearing him.
Peter:"Sir, an information have been released in the Indian media about you. I tried to talk to them to remove it but they refused. It won't be long before it reaches international news."

Ranbir moved Prachi and sat properly.
Prachi noticed his changed demeanor and asked him.
He put the phone on loud speaker.
Ranbir:"what news?"
Peter:"Sir about.... About your...."
Ranbir, sternly:"Peter?"
Peter:"about your drug addiction."
Pranbir grew tensed.
Prachi:"she released i? And i thought she will back off after today."

Ranbir:"it had to come out one day. It's fine. Once it gets international, arrange for a video conference with all London's media outlet. I will address them personally. I am answerable to them."
Peter:"ok, Sir. What about the new deal?"
Ranbir:"they will know everything, the press conference will work in our favour. Don't you worry."
Peter hung up and Prachi came to Ranbir.

Prachi:"are you sure about the press conference?"
Ranbir:"it's their only leverage on me. I won't hide it. They will use it in a wrong way. And most importantly, it's a part of me. I can't lie to myself and believe tgat that part didn't exist."

Prachi:"you know that i am proud of you right? Like really really proud."
Ranbir nodded chuckling.
He made her lay on his chest again.

Prachi:"they should be punish for everything. They are still trying to destroy you."
Ranbir:"they will be. I promised you that."
He kissed her forehead.

Ranbir:"let's go to bed."
She hugged him tighter and nodded no.
Prachi:"too tired."
Ranbir:"so you will sleep here itself on the couch?"
She nodded yes.
He pulled her closer and they both slept in each other's arms.

Next morning:
Prachi woke alone on the sofa, she noticed that Ranbir already cleaned the hall and she put her blazer back on and went to the washroom.
After doing her morning routine, she prepared coffee for both them and guessed that Ranbir must be in the small office upstairs.
She went there and noticed him on the laptop.
She could hear Peter on the video call.

He connected Ranbir to all media outlets. Prachi checked her phone and went on the social medias. The news was everywhere. Everyone was talking about it and she joined the live session of Ranbir..

The media first ask the questions.
Reporter 1:"sir, there is a rumors about you being a drug addict when you were younger, is that true?"
Prachi looked at Ranbir who was confident and not at all hesitating.
She knew he planned this well and now he was in his serious business mode. Only one thing was reflecting him: confidence and conviction.

Ranbir:"whatever you heard or read is true."
The reporters exchanged looks as they didn't think he will agree to this.

Ranbir:"why are you guys so shocked? Those articles, pictures are true. I was taking drugs when i was younger. It's all true."

He continued.
Ranbir:"and you all want to know if i still take them then no. I don't take them anymore.
Do I regret taking them? Yes i do. I wished i had some senses back then to understand how drugs are destructive.
But I can't ignore that i had been there, there was a phase where i wasn't thinking straight, i need relief from all h the pain and i chose the easiest way possible.
Then i got someone who helped me get out of it. And i will be forever grateful to my brother.
We all make mistakes in life and i did too but learning from them and taking responsibility for them is what we need to do.
All those who are still stuck in drug addiction, you can get out of it if you have the will power. I didn't have it in the beginning but it came.
I got my life back on tracks, and came cleaned to you guys as well. I succeeded in business not to have money but to prove myself that i can achieve something.
I needed to have something to stop me from going back to drugs and i got more than one.
Amongst them is my business and work.
I hope i answered all your questions. Thank you."