Part 26: Drunk Prachi

Ranbir let her put the music this time. She wasn't in her senses.
He looked at her and now she was playing with the zip of her coat.
Ot was making a weird noise but she seemed to be enjoying it.
He took her to his penthouse apartment. There was no one there. He lived alone, so it was no problem. He helped her in the elevator and supported her till they reached his place.

Prachi in awe:"wow... this is so pretty."
The interior was completely in black. It had glass windows so they could see the entire city and it was looking beautiful as all the lights were on.

She removed her coat and handed it to Ranbir.
She swirled around the living room.

Ranbir followed her and smiled seeing her loving his house.
She was the first one to see his house. No one except him has been there.
This was the first thing he made for himself.  He was proud of it and prouder today as she was loving it.

Prachi went to the couch.
Prachi:"this is so comfy. I could stay here all day."
The smile on Ranbir's face brightened hearing her and Prachi also noticed it.

She came to him stumbling. Ranbir held her by the arms.
Prachi come closer to her and blabbered in her drunken state.
Prachi:"you should continue smiling, you look cuter when you smile."
And there the smile disappeared.
He mentally scolded himself for his feelings. He wasn't getting attached. He can't.

Prachi:"i knew it... once i tell you, you will return to the neutral face. There is no one here except me, smile as much as you want. I won't tell a soul that you can smile as well."

Ranbir just stared at her.
Prachi:"your stare is dangerous but your smile is even more dangerous."
She tripped on her own foot and was about to fall but he caught her.
He was staring at her.
She straightened herself up.
Ranbir:"you need a good sleep."
Prachi, cutely:"nope, i need a dance..."

He looked on:"what?"
Prachi:"yes, dance. I wore such a cute dress, took so much time and effort to get ready. And didn't enjoy a bit. That's unfair."
Ranbir shook his head.

Prachi forwarded her hands to him:"will you dance with me?"
Ranbir:"we will, tomorrow morning. We will dance as much as you want. Come, i will put you to bed."
Prachi stood rooted there itself.

Prachi:"no i want to dance. Right now."
She took out her phone and put some music.
Ranbir:"Prachi, not now."
Prachi held his hands and pulled him towards her. She placed his one hand on her waist and held the other one.

She started moving and he followed her. He was lost in her eyes. They were red but they were so pure and beautiful. It was attracting him to stare in her soul.
He couldn't, he couldn't destroy her pure soul by his pained and black one.

Prachi:"not bad, Mr. Kohli. You are actually good at it."
Ranbir looked away from her. He could no longer stare in her eyes. He wouldn't control himself and will just let her in.
He couldn't let anyone in.

Prachi placed her head on his chest. She was feeling safe just like she did with her parents. She knew he wouldn't take advantage that she was drunk.
She was trusting him, how? When? She had no clue.

Ranbir felt his heart beating fast. He was asking himself at what was happening.
He wasn't able to control himself when it comes to Prachi. He found himself staring at her for long periods during the several dinners he went. Whenever someone mentioned her name, a strange happiness surged into him.
He was ignoring it all these time but holding her into his arms. He was feeling content. There was a strange calmness around her.
Strange feeling when she was with him.
Holding her into his arms felt good, and he hasn't feel good in years. He was truly at peace with her.