Day 3: The Succulent(s)

Knocking on the door, the sweat runs down your brow. You're late and you know you are too. "Good morning, Landlord Jason." You let him in and hand him a mug of coffee, "I don't have time for your excuses today. You know very well this is my anniversary, and I need to leave sooner than later and pick up a gift for my partner." Nodding your head, "Yes, I know, but um my potions didn't sell this month, and no one needs or wanted a fortune-telling—" he stops you, "I said that I had no time for excuses."

You look around your apartment and sigh, "What's gonna happen to me?" your landlord pulls out your contract, "As you agreed if you couldn't keep up with your payments, that you are now mine." You look over your contract as he pulls it out of thin air or what it would seem to a mortal human. "Now, I know what I'm getting my partner for our anniversary. He loves succulents so I'm going to turn you into his new succulent." You whine, "Can't I just be some sort of animal or something?" Landlord Jason shook his head, "My contract, choice." You being to feel tears fall down your cheek, "Don't cry I'll turn you into an Irish Mint." You close your eyes and the next thing you notice you're sitting on the table in a small pot.

Landlord Jason picked you and up and what was once your apartment was now empty and you were taken down to the Landlord's office. In the office was his partner, William. "Babe, are you ready to go?" William kissed Jason on the cheek, "Yes, but first here is a special gift for you." William looks down at me, "Oh Irish Mint my favorite!" You were carried to a row of pots, filled with nothing but stones and dirt. You were left in the window watching the other plants in the room begin to yell, "Water!" Water? You wonder why are they crying for water?

You didn't have to wait very long to figure it out. Three days pass and you are screaming, "Water!" You scream again as William walks past you and the other starving plants. "Hello, my lovelies." Water, you cry out again, but your cries go unheard just like the other plants in the room. "Do you lovely want some water?" William asked you sad little plants in the room." You happily reach your stems out for some water only to get a smile as William waters the other wilted plants.

Days turn into weeks and about a month later William forgot one too many days. You are on your last leg and feel death knocking on your door. William and Jason are fighting this time in the office you are so delusional you can't understand it all, but you did catch one of them saying, "Fine if you think like that then you can take the keys back!" "Fine, we're over!" at the end of the over you feel your pot shake from the sudden jerk that one of the two did as they hit the sill. Your pot hits the ground as you gasp out one last time and find death opening your door.