Day 25: Lime Revenge

Prompt: Lime

Rummaging through her cabinets and she can't find the last ingredient for her potion, "No, no, no! Where is that dang snake's venom extract." She looked to see if the recipe had a substitute she had at the house. The witch puts her caldron on a simmer and grabs her purse and broom parking key. "I'll be back kitty, keep the children quiet so that Mr. and Mrs. Hob won't complain to the landlord about my experiment's being too loud." The black cat meowed from its kitty condo. Locking the door, she walked down the stairs and out the main door of her city apartment.

She walked over to the parking garage and unlocked her broom from its locker as she passed her other neighbor, he had his new boyfriend with him and they were in dark shades and vampire-proof umbrellas so they could be out. The witch took off and flew to the closet market, in a hurry she walked over to the nearest worker, "I'm looking for Snake Venom, the green one."

The worker gave her an odd look like there was a misinterpretation. But the young witch working part-time at the market took her down the third aisle and handed her a bottle with a vibrant green bottle. "So, what are you making with; snake—" the witch stopped her and she run toward the self-check-out. "Sorry, kid if I see you again tomorrow or something I'll tell you." The receipt prints and she out the door and on her broom and back in her apartment and even brought her broom inside her apartment which is something no modern witch would do.

She sighed and hung her hat up, "Finally, let's finish this death's venom and get it to the black market, we have rent to pay next week. Right, kitty?" the black cat meowed from its sitting spot again. The witch added the three drops from the green bottle to the potion, she smiled and laughed dramatically as the potion bubbled and turned from purple to green.

She looked back at her book, "Wait, it's supposed to turn teal not green. Why is it green?" she brought one of her human children over and tried to spoon-feed her the potion. The child wiggled out of the witch's hands and she got splashed with her own potion. "Ah frogs' foot!" she went to wash it off when a lime scent filled her nostrils. "Wait," she grabbed the bottle from the market what should have read Snake's Venom, it read Snake's Lemon Lime extract. Snake's Lemon is the best extract company in the paranormal world and yet she has just screwed up her potion with it.

Her skin turned green and the lime smell continued to grow stronger, her cat continued to watch from her sitting space as the little girl screamed causing the other children to scream and the authorities hours later walked in. "This is the first guard of the royal council; we were called because of a disturbance." They saw the caged children and a small lime on the floor. "This is Solider Jenna, we have a black-market dealer in Hexington Apartments, and what looks like an unauthorized potion brewing with moon-tears."