Day 24: Corn

Prompt: Brid

"Welcome to the 50th annual Zombie cornfield race. All participants line up at the start please." You watch the humans as they line up and start their little race where they ruin your field the field you spend all year protecting, is harassed by humans one this one day and all October as the maze comes after this run, where they run from other humans.

You wish you could get down and scare them off yourself, but the next best thing will have to do, your little birdy friends. The crows sit on the sticks that are holding your arms up. The crows know they one flies off as he returns with a cauldron of his little friends the humans don't notice at first, but as they grow larger and larger in numbers.

The crowds of people begin to edge back to the barn, as you can feel your smile return to the cute simple smile as the granny-like woman who made you put upon your face. But a group of ruthless teenagers seemed to want to ruin your field. It was time, you pull yourself from the sticks as your birdy friends help you stand, nothing is scarier to those teens.

But there is always a price for asking your birdy friends for help. They ask for the hay in your body. The tiny children scream as the crows seem to destroy your potato sack body and button eyes, they devour your corn and the humans continue on their trial for a fright.