Day 22: Lightning Flower

Prompt: Lightning

The man was walking out in a storm, his friend begged him to come over in this storm, "That idiot owes me a pizza for this." He gripped as he stopped at a crosswalk, no one is out in this weather, but one never knows. The thunder crashes loudly over his head with the lighting following it. His friend only lived five minutes away from his house.

Without a car it and in this weather, it made the simple walk a dreadful drag, as he pushed himself against the wind and rain that felt like bullets. The lighting came closer and closer as though he was the target for the lighting. Thunder was roaring as though the clouds held thousands of lions that were coming towards him. "I'm gonna kill him this is getting ridiculous. Next time he walks to me in the freaking thunderstorm!"

He was stopped again by another crosswalk, as the sky rumbled loudly as the lighting lit up the sky, the bolt hit him, causing his body to enter a seizure-like state. A young couple notices and calls an ambulance. The man's friend noticed and ran after his friend, when arriving at the hospital the man had been killed by the lighting, which only 10% of people are fatally killed from being hit by lightning. The man's friend sobbed for his greed cost his friend's life.

His tears fall on the corpse as his friend's skin discolored and his skin became transparent. The man was gone and his friend would be guilt-ridden for the rest of his life, or so he thought falling to his knees, and begged, "Please whoever is up there punish me! I made him come out in the storm, punish me!"

The doctors sent him out as he went to the roof of the hospital and cried out again, "Punish me!" at that moment he too was struck by lightning, "You want to be punished, then I'll punish you." He looked over at a man in an expensive suit, "Who are you?" the man lit a cigar, "Call me Zeus and that flower on your hand is proof that I own you. The first piece of your punishment you'll kill all of these mountains until I'm find something new for you to do." A pit opened under his feet and as he falls into a pit full of monsters that are known as the monsters of the past.