Day 30: Out of the Ashes; Ice Queen

Prompt: Ashes; More like ice ash if that is a thing...

In the morning I find something I didn't really want. The red on my sheets state enough. I pull my pant leg up and they're growing out of my leg. There were tiny ice shards, the pain grew the more I fully woke up. My sisters didn't notice as they stayed slumbered. I fly out of the room and to my father as he was already awake, but he was still in his pajamas. "Father!" I yelped from his bedroom door, his half-asleep face brightened but then turned to concern, "Yes, what is it—" I had moved my pant leg, "Father what is happening to me?"

He seemed concerned as we go to his in-home lab, "Let me run a few tests on you, but if anything, you won't have to worry about school today." I crossed my arms, "Sorry, the wrong daughter. I'll still call the school and I'll request they send a video lecture for you so you won't really have to miss class." I sighed as he turned to his desk to set up the monitor for the test he's going to run on me.

I scratch my arm feeling pins and needles and notice the ice was slowly growing, on my arms now, "Look!" That is all I can manage as he rolls over from his desk to me, looking it over, "I'm running your chemical X levels now. Don't worry dear, daddy is going to fix it." His watch beeped, "I'll be right back, I'm going to wake up your sisters, then we'll look at the results that have already come in." he walked up the stairs as I look around the lab that used to just hold his science experiments, and was once the birthplace of us. Over the years he's slowly turned this into a med-bay since we are different.

I begin to hyperventilate as the ice begins to cover my hands and I can feel it on my nose. I'm freezing over, is all I can think as the ice covers my body, everything nice, yeah right everything ice is more like it. I feel sleepy again it must be because of the ice.

In my dream, I remember the good times of fighting evil and not having to worry about anything but kindergarten homework. Once we were older, we had to learn how to balance the school work and hero word these small bodies can't handle the stress, I wish we could grow up more so we wouldn't have to worry about being the littlest, but the strongest. Even our common villains have made comments about us being 13 and still so small. One villain especially has made fun of us for it.

If I can morph, I know that my sisters can, we won't be bug-eyed freaks sure my pink eyes might be a problem still but as long as I can protect this city and my family, I'll take that. I breathe out and feel the ice crack under me. I twitch and move my arm and feel more ice coat me, but it isn't cold it's warm I guess the cold never bothered me anyway. I can feel it something is changing my ice powers have never felt so reassuring.

I wake up from the happy dreams of yesterday and find that the ice is thinly layered over me with my heat vision I melt the ice right off and find I froze my father's lab over...badly. I spend the next ten minutes thawing it and smile and head back up, I peak out and find him sleeping on the couch, I smile and float over to him, he was mumbling something, "Good morning sleepy head."

I said happily, he opens his eyes and jumps, "You, you look like—" I turn to the mirror and find a young teen standing before the mirror and my father the stubs were gone and hands and fingers were in place, I had feet and toes. Normal eyes except for the pink irises, but I didn't look like a tiny child born in a lab. I touch my face as he calls my names, "I need you to quickly go and help your sisters, a monster is setting fire to the city and they need you, the monsters keep getting bigger and bigger the girls have been at it for three days." I look at the mirror and smile, my pink light streak dashes with me as I head to the city to help my sisters.

I fly from the suburbs and into the city limits, I find the green and blue streaks. I head at them at full speed. I blow ice covering the monster causing everyone to stop in the tracks, Landing on the ground I sent shock waves through the first street, "Did somebody ask for an ice queen?"

So, once again the day is saved.