Day 15: The Fragrance

Prompt: Oranges

As I regain consciousness, I smell something familiar, is it oranges? "Good morning my princess, how are you?" The man in the shadows didn't come close enough for me to see his face but he sounded familiar. I squint as the man moves behind me and covers my eyes, "Where are you look, my princess?" I work up the courage, "Who are you?" the man laughs, "Oh you don't remember me? I sit behind you in our seminar class." I froze the guy behind me in class is a normal guy not too cute but not unpleasant either.

"Why are you doing this?" his laugh sent a shiver down my spine, "Because I love you." He said through his chuckles, he walked around to my side where I could see him, his eyes were dilatated, "We're going to spend together forever!" I snap out of it before he continued his spiral, "I'll escape, you can't keep me here." He stopped and pulled something out of his pocket and when I finally caught a glimpse of it, the knife was next to my neck as a small puncture sent a light stream of blood down.

"If you try to leave, I'll kill you. Then I'll kill myself." I feel my heart jump to my throat, I feel something rise in my throat, "I think I'm going to be sick!" I yell out as the knife left my throat and he licked the blood trail off the blade. "Now, now no need to do a thing like that you'll have to sit in it for a while until I can get you broken into." The vile in my throat rose as I feel the tears well. "I—I—!" is all I could stutter out as he smiled, "Alright let's play a fun little game until you're used to it."

This continued for days and nights, why was no one coming for me? My classmate came down, "Hello my darling wife, are you ready to eat now?" I bit my lip as he showed me the food and began to force-feed me, through chews I ask him, "Are they looking for me?" his sly smile turns upwards, "Not after they found this letter with your things in your dorm room." He shows me a picture of a note that he left on my bed after making it seem like I left. The note read about how I couldn't stand the pressured life I was forced into by my family and friends, and I was running away, and since I am 21 with that note they won't come looking unless I come out of this freaking building screaming that I've been kidnapped.

I took another spoonful of food when other pictures fell out of his pocket, the food in my stomach rolled, is that my missing boyfriend? "Oops, you weren't, suppose; to see that but oh well. You know I caught him with another girl too, and when he ignored my threats to break up with you, I killed him along with 15 other boys that had liked you from when we first met freshman year in high school. My heart raced, as the spinning world turns black, and the only noise I can hear is him laughing in the remembrance of the moments.

**3 years later**

I look up at the ceiling, Vincent kissed my hand as we both wake up, "I can't believe it's been 3 years since we got married." He chirped at me, "Yes, time goes fast." The cry off the little box next to the bed told me it was time to move like I was lifeless. "Are you still having a hard time remembering?" His hand squeezed too hard, "Um...I have to go to the nursery, right?" he smiled as the knife sat in his other hand, "That's right dear you're remembering so well. After last month's episode." As I walk down the hall the oranges are all I can smell, I hate oranges.