Day 12: Cotton Swab

Prompt: Cotton

Rocking back and forth in the bed you don't know what has happened to you in the three days but you know you don't like it. "Good morning, Patient 835 I've brought your treatment." The woman wore a nurse's uniform the hat with the dress and apron. Your metal bed creaked as you watch her. "Arm please 835." You hold your right arm for a second then hold it out for the nurse.

"Alright let's get this over with." She said in a giggly voice and took the knife and sliced your arm open the blood dripped down into a small bowl. You're crying from the pain as her giggle rings in your ears for a minute. The nurse beings to wrap up your arm when you see the jar of cotton swabs on her little cart. "Can you wipe it off first you know disinfect it?"

The nurse's nice eyes turned to an evil smile. "Who is the nurse?" you pointed to her, "That's right and I don't believe I need to disinfect it because you like the others here will die without leaving." The shiver you feel from hearing it said out loud hurts more than you ever thought it would.

The nurse finished wrapping it as her giggles start again, "Now let's taste it." She opened her jar of cotton swabs and took one little puffball out. She shows it to you and proves it around in front of the light. The nurse drops it, you watch the cotton ball slowly fall into the bowl. The cotton ball soaks up your blood as much as it can.

The nurse reaches in and picks it up like it's some sort of candy and dramatically closes her eyes and she places the bloody swab on her tongue and slowly chews on it. When she swallowed it, you could see it trail down her throat. Terrified you watch the nurse giggle and do it one more time. "Yup, still the best blood in the building, too bad you only have 258 days left. Then your soul will be released from purgatory and will be heading farther down where the others who have done horrible things like you can burn and rot for all eternity."

The nurse walks out of your room as her giggle lingered in your room causing your head to spin and you cry out like the others and the nurses do nothing but giggle.