Day 7: The Jasmine Killer

Prompt: Jasmine

'In breaking news, the Jasmin killer is still at large with their third victim this week, authorities worry for the safety of all students in the area and request that when walking at night you don't tread alone. In other news—' Turning off the tv you smile, you've killed 19 college students and no one has caught you. You've been putting jasmine in the mouths of the dead as you catch a rush from leaving a trademark on your handy work.

You sit in the living room and think about the girl you killed last night, she was an easy target leaving work and walking back to campus which was only a seven-minute walk from her work and dorm. You scoped her out a couple of days in advance, then when the time was right you did it torturing them for hours in your van then dropping their body in a dramatic way with a single jasmine in their mouth.

A knock at the door sent you to your feet, no one is in suspect of you, because you work late and on the other side of town away from the college campus. You walk over and peek out of the peephole and found no one standing there. You ignore it and walk into the bathroom to being your bedtime routine, (your evening news in the 6 am news) and your normally clean mirror is covered in smudges, you try to ignore it but the hot air from your running shower turns the smudges into a message.

The message; was a cliché indeed, but it was scary since you're the psychopath. It read, 'I will not let you rest for the rest of your living life.' You shrug it off and return to your room where when you pulled the covers back you found a dead rat. Jumping back, the phantom giggling caused your mind to wander when you turn and see not just yourself in the mirror but the girl you killed. She was giggling at the phantom figure she was slowly becoming a solid figure.

You run; the phantom wasn't what you expected when you began your killing game. In your living room, you reach for your keys but slip on that corner of the rug. By the time you realize what has happened the phantom is on you, "This is our revenge." She hisses the words out as you look behind her and you see all 18 of your other victims. They each held a jasmine in their hands and in the other a different weapon. They were all the weapons you used to kill them, "Are we weak now?" Is what you hear, as your scream over tops the moans and screams of the phantoms.

**

Last night another student of XYZ University was found dead in their apartment on the other side of town. In their mouth was a white jasmine, but there is no sign of struggle or injury. The police however did find links to the Jasmine Killer in their apartment more info will be released in the next 24hrs.