Day 11: The House in the Mist

Prompt: Mist

Driving up the driveway the mist made it hard to see the house. I'm here to see and look into the disappearances. Stopping the car; I can finally see an outline of the house. Just a small house nothing amazing about it. I step out as the mist continues and keeps it hazy. I walk closer and closer but the house gets farther and farther.

Odd houses can't move on their own, they don't have legs or a mind. Running after the house only made it disappear faster. Why is happening, your sane mind is dwindling, where is it going? In anger, I yell out as my foot lands on the porch. A shiver runs down my spine, I've lost it that must be it, yeah, I've overworked myself.

Opening the door, I look around a normal house with a kitchen to the right and a living room in your face, and to the left a hallway. Three doors I open the first on, it's a closet one jacket, the next door across the hall was a nice bathroom; very vintage. The next door was a bedroom, just for one person. Simple bedding and a simple dresser. A normal house, but in a creepy place no wonder people disappear. Returning to the living room I look around for a sign of life that once resided here, I think it took twenty or so missing persons account for the government to take real action.

I screeched up and down and found nothing, I go to leave when the mist seemed to turn into a fog my car was hidden and it had grown dark. I guess I was staying the night. It might help me anyways, staying and seeing what differences this place has at night. In the kitchen I look around and find that there is food, I find jams and peanut butter and bread, an easy dinner a couple of these is going to be an okay dinner.

I clean up and dig around the draws and find clean unopen underwear, a nightgown, and socks. I take it as is and go to the shower. Nothing strange has happened yet, I wonder why? I haven't seen or heard anything nothing is making sense. This could be a case of; people coming out here and committing suicide. After the shower, I go to the bed and sleep.

Opening my eyes, and I'm driving up the driveway the mist made it hard to see the house. I'm here to see and look into the disappearances.