Day 9: The Quartz Tears

Prompt: Quartz

Stepping into the room it was dimly lit and the people are crowding around to seem a finger-length quartz crystal inside this dead person's tomb or was in their tomb. I need that crystal, it's the last thing I need for the ritual. They believe this crystal was once the belonging of some sort of Queen from a long-ago kingdom, but in actuality, it's quartz used by my people.

I need that crystal; I have to get it. The group slowly moves on as I get closer to the crystal. It's called a tear yet they call it the king's talisman. What a lame name, I get close to it finally, and there's a guard watching it, great just great. Okay no problem, cause a distraction, "Um sir, I think I saw someone in the next room touching the ancient Greek Vases." The guard ran as I took this time to grab it and run.

I get inside a closet and remove the disguise magic of the poor old blond girl I found in the 1952 yearbook at school. I walk out and get into my mother's car. She was reading a book, "I got it." Not looking at me she turned the car on and drove me to the spot it took 30mins to get there, "The community set everything up for you don't return unless you follow through. If you run, I understand, but you aren't allowed to contact me or your father." I nod as the rain begins to pitter-patter on the window.

I step out and the car drives off I walk farther into the meadow before me, the rain-soaked me from head to toe. The more I walk the more the cave entrance became seen. I walk into the entrance and look at the torches that are lighting my path. I find the cloak and the note on it. It tells me to remove my clothes and wear nothing under the robe. I do as follow knowing full well that I am alone and am being watched. Following the light, I come to a person tied to the sacrifice table a voice echoed. "Please, I don't understand? Where am I?"

I take the tear I plunge it into the heart of the ones who have ruined our community. "This is for the--!" I was stopped as the blood-splattered my face as the human's heart exploded under the pressure of my magic, my deed is done I have been welcomed as a witch, I put the tear in the body and walk away from it. Nothing but a corpse now.