Day 5: The Little Fish's Wish

Prompt: Little Fish

The little girl ran up to the fish take, "Bye-bye Mr. Bubble, see you next week." The little fish seemed to do what little all little goldfish would do and that was swim and breath. This little fishy can't walk or run, never feel the wind like the outside pound fish do. "I wish I could walk around on land like a human." He said to himself as he swam around his fishbowl, what he didn't expect was the one to come talk to him, "I can do that for you, know you." Look up he notices a fairy.

Unlike common belief, fairies are quite mischievous. They tend to cause more trouble like little kids, and they don't do things unless they want to cause problems. "I know your game fairy, there is nothing I want more than to stay right here." The fish said as he sawm over to his castle, "Oh, but I heard you say, I wish, which means you have a dream!" I ignore the fairy, "Look I'll make you work for it, pick one child next week during school and get her to make three wishes. I'll give you this magic stone. Three wishes and you no longer have to be a fish in fact I'll even warp the dumb human minds that you're their child."

The fish squints his eyes, "You're being too nice what's gonna happen to me?" The fairy giggled, nothing actually, I just want to watch how the little kid you pick runs back cry every time their wish comes true but with a fairy twist." The fish looks down at the rocks, then return his gaze up to the fairy, "Fine but one condition, you can't pester this school ever again!" the fairy seemed to weigh out their options but shrugged to the fish, "Sure there are plenty of schools in the area." The fish nods as the gold stone fell onto the pink pebble floor.

Monday morning rolls around and the fish Mr. Bubble waits as the first-grade kids file in on the early fall morning. The class starts and free time comes along and this is the best time to do it, Mr. Bubble is waiting usually three kids always wanted to be his reading buddy and he hoped that Brayden aka Buddy would be his buddy today it would be he would be the first reader all week making this little boy happy. "Alright, Buddy you can be Mr. Bubble's reading buddy today." Mr. Bubble sawm in happy circles as the boy sat at the table and opened his book and since the class of 24, your kids are loud no matter what. Mr. Bubble can talk freely.

Mr. Bubble sawm close a Buddy pokes his head close to the opening, he breaks the surface of the water, "Hey Buddy it's me, Mr. Bubble." The boy looked at me and smile, "Wow, you can talk?" Mr. Bubble nods in his own way, "Yes, and I can grant you three wishes but only your wishes and I can only talk to you when you are alone, okay?" Buddy nods, and beings to think, "I want to have the first wish be, I wish for all the gold stars today in class." Mr. Bubble nods, "Wish granted now read your book and come back tomorrow." The next day followed with a wish for a red fire truck, and today is the last day he hadn't made a wish for the last two days, and today was Friday.

Mr. Bubble watched as Buddy came over with red cheeks and a happy smile, "Today I would like to wish for a Stella from Mr. Wilson's class to be my new best friend." Mr. Bubble nodded when the fairy popped in, "Tell him that friendship one take 1 day to do so tomorrow Stella will be his new best friend." Mr. Bubble nods telling Buddy who couldn't wait for Monday, and neither could he wait for later that night, Mr. bubble can change into a human.

The sunsets and the fairy opens a portal in front of Mr. Bubble, "I found you a vessel to live in, good luck with your new life." Mr. Bubble turned and thanked the fairy whose evil smile tells him that he was tricked somehow. Whenever Mr. Bubble woke up the next day, he had realized he was in a bed with warm and fuzzy blankets. He smiled and cuddled in closer with a woman who opened the door, "Stella, time to get up." His eyes opened wide as he realized he changed into the girl named Stella from the neighboring class, but what happened to Stella the real one? When Monday came, he was taken to school and dropped off where Buddy ran over to him.

Hugging Stella, "Hi, Stella would you like to come with me to feed Mr. Bubble in my class." Worried he nodded, "Sure, you lead the way." Inside the building down the hall and the second door on the right, "Mrs. Finch I'm here to feed Mr. Bubble with my new friend Stella!" Buddy yelled as I saw it, a dead fish in a bowl but it wasn't my fish body but a different one, this one was black like Stella's hair color, and the fairy laughing. Buddy was asking questions and I was feeling tears well up, "That poor girl, her lungs never adapted to the water as yours did." Those words haunt me to this day...