1. Twoset Banker

"..Eddy!!!"

"Brett?"

"Eddy!!! Is that you!?"

Eddy furrowed his brows.

"Yeah Brett, you rang me, of course it's me. Are you alright?"

"..Where are you?"

"What? Seriously are you okay? Where do you think I am? I'm at work, of course."

"Good, I'm coming in. I need to talk to you."

"O..okay?"

"I'm just outside, I.. I'm coming in."

"Wait, what? Oh, I see you. Just tell the security guard that you have an appointment with me. I'll wave you in."

Eddy quickly hung up and got out of his seat and went up to his office glass wall and waved to the security guard who had just turned towards him. Brett stood in front of the guard all flustered. Seeing his partner like that puzzled and concerned Eddy.

Eddy opened his office door for Brett as he formally greeted his partner who had come to visit him at their local bank branch where Eddy worked as a banker.

"Mr Yang, please come in."

Brett rolled his eyes as he walked inside Eddy's office. Once Eddy closed the door behind him, Eddy changed his tone and how he addressed his partner.

"Hey... so what's the matter, Brett? You look... tense."

Brett turned around.

"Tense? You said TENSE!? Yeah I may be a BIT TENSE thank you very much."

"Brett..?"

"Can I sit down?"

This was when Eddy realised he had also become rather agitated by Brett's odd behaviour.

"Oh. Sorry, yeah, of course. Here."

Eddy reached down and opened the small bar fridge he kept in his office. He pulled out a small bottle of water, unscrewed the cap and handed it to Brett.

"Thanks..."

Brett downed the whole bottle in one go.

"Brett..?"

Brett wiped his mouth with the back of his hand as he pleaded.

"Eddy, please tell me the truth. What have you done?"

Eddy furrowed his brows.

"..What?"

"If you don't know about it, then I'm worried on a different level. Someone might come after me. Or worse, you."

"Brett, would you please calm down and tell me everything from the beginning? What's happened?"

"..Maybe I should just show you this..!!"

Eddy's eyes widened as Brett slammed his hand down on Eddy's office desk.

"...Brett..?"

"Eddy... please explain this for me."

Eddy stared at the table where Brett had slammed down what looked like a receipt of an ATM transaction.

"This is..?"

"I was in town running errands. I thought about taking you out for lunch so I just withdrew some money from our joint account cos we were running low on cash.."

"Sure. Of course. That's not a problem at all."

Brett glared at Eddy.

"Are you sure about that Eddy?"