33. Twoset Choreographers VII

Brett raised his eyebrow.

"Hungry much, Eddy?"

Eddy blushed and groaned.

"Oh c'mon Brett, so are you! I had a small snack after school then nothing till now. And we had a dance lesson in between!! "

"Okay, okay I get you.  And you're right, I'm starving, too.  So Eddy.. do you actually have any food down here?"

"Um.. we might have a few ice creams in the basement freezer.. the thing is, anything else in that freezer may not be suitable to eat without cooking.. y'know, frozen meats and frozen dumplings and stuff.."

"Frozen dumplings! Oh rats, I gather you don't have a microwave or anything to help you cook things down here though, do you..?"

Eddy frowned;

"No, unfortunately not. Installing a kitchenette, then turning this place into a granny flat were the next renovation projects which we haven't started yet. At least we do have a shower and toilet down here.  If only I had a kettle I would've been able to heat up some dumplings for you.. I've tried it once in the coffee maker and they turned out alright.. though my sister almost killed me for stinking up the coffee maker..

"Stinking up?"

"The dumplings had spring onion in them..not very suitable to heat up in a coffee machine."

"Eew"

Eddy opened the large freezer and Brett used his torch to peer inside.

"Okay, so we do have ice cream sandwiches.. Brett, you want one?"

"Why stop at one? I'm f*cking starving..!!"

These were a slab of vanilla ice cream sandwiched in a wafer casing.

"These are delicious.. I could eat half a dozen of them I recogn'"

"Help yourself, Brett."

They sat on the dance floor mats and had a couple of ice cream sandwiches each.

They were quite delicious and certainly hit the spot, unfortunately, they also made them feel very cold afterwards.

"Eddy.. I'm freezing.. I need to move"

Brett's teeth were chattering.

"Brett!! I just found an iphone charger!! So you now don't have to worry about running out of your phone battery!"

"That's great!! Okay so finally I can now play my music and move around a bit.. cos I'm so cold I feel like some of my body parts are just gonna fall off."

Eddy's cringing face was illuminated by Brett's phone screen

"So Brett, how are you gonna dance this time?"

"BIG movements."

"Sounds like a great idea. Dunno about the practicalities though.. I don't want you accidentally punching the wall or somethin'."

"Okay, Eddy, I.. I've been wanting to try dancing the way you do.. dancing to compliment your partner's moves.. I haven't done much of that sort of thing and I think it's something I need practice."

"Okay."

There's something about the way Eddy moves that draws in his audience.

His rustic and raw movements draw you right in...

"Brett? You.. stopped?"

"Oh.. sorry. My mind.. slipped."

"I guess we're still kinda hungry and stress out about the whole thing.. hey, shall we take a break?"

"Yeah.."

They sat in the centre of the dance floor.  Brett tried to put together some kind of plan for their "escape" from the garage;

"So Eddy, do you remember your mum's or sister's phone number? Can you text either of them from my phone?"

"Yeah, I know their numbers."

"Okay, so you can text them with my phone. Maybe ask them to come back home a bit early if possible cos we'll definitely be starving by tomorrow morning.."

"Okay.."

Eddy replied nervously.

"Good. Well at least we now have some sort of plan.."

"Yeah..."

Eddy nodded nervously.

"So Eddy, do you have any camping gear stored down here?"

Eddy's voice perked up with enthusiasm.

"Do I !? Y'know what, Brett there's no reason why we need to fret down here, is there?  I mean, we could just enjoy camping down here till my mum and sister get back tomorrow morning, right? If I text them around the time the masterclass finishes and ask them to come home a bit early tomorrow morning to get us out.. luckily it's Saturday tomorrow. And you can just text your mum that you're camping with me in our garage, she'd be okay about that wouldn't they?"

"Yeah, I think that would be okay.  I mean, she'll wonder how on earth did we manage to get ourselves locking INSIDE your house but  I've done a lot of dumb things and I'm sure they won't even bat an eye over this."

Eddy let out a giggle.  He seemed to have finally been able to shift his mood and started thinking about enjoying their evening "camping" in the garage.  At least they were doing something a bit different.

"Alright. Good. Okay Brett will you help me go collect some camping gear...?"

Eddy lead Brett to a corner of the garage where there was a large shelve stocked with camping equipment. Eddy grabbed two sleeping bags from the shelf and passed them to Brett, who toss them in the centre of the matted dance floor.

With the guidance of the light from Brett's phone, Eddy located what he was looking for;

"Brett, this is our recent addition, it's a small pop up tent for 3, which is probably only big enough to comfortably fit the two of us. We bought this to use as a small storage tent so that our food wouldn't get raided by insects. It would be good to use this when we sleep tonight because we'd be safe from any creepy crawlies... and we know there is one out there..."

Eddy shuddered.