31. Twoset Choreographers V

A/N: Hello, lovely people,

I received some feedback expressing interest in a little bit more for this story so here goes.  I hope you enjoy it...!!

-----------------------------

I knew he was gonna stir things around the minute I saw him.

Brett liked how Eddy moved. It was unconventional, which made it different to what Brett was used to seeing.  This made Eddy interesting and exciting to look at. It made Eddy unique and special.

But it wasn't just his movements that stirred Brett's mind.

"..Geez Brett, that's not old school.. that's just simply old."

"Excuse me, Eddy? What did you just say?"

"Brett, your choreography is predictable and lacks flare. After a while, it can get rather boring."

"W..what..??"

"Look, don't get me wrong, your movements are beautiful, Brett. There is no doubt about that. So it's pleasant enough to look at.. But.. it doesn't really do much else.. You'll eventually get bored of watching anything if it doesn't stir you up a bit, no matter how beautiful it may be."

F*ck...!!

Brett woke up with a start. He sat up in his bed and grunted, his heart throbbing at a weird rate, it almost felt irregular. He closed his eyes tightly as he bit his lower lip. He tried to breathe slowly in an attempt to calm himself down.

It's just a stupid dream...

A stupid dream that sucked..!!

I knew he was gonna stir things around the minute I saw him.

And what he said in my dream.. was so right. I am moved by him, because he stirs me.

"Hi Brett, how are you this afternoon."

"..Good thanks., Eddy"

Brett replied neutrally, almost borderline robotically and coldly, then continued on with his warm-up stretches on the dance floor rather than make an attempt to engage in a conversation with Eddy. Brett didn't even ask back how Eddy was feeling this afternoon.

"..Brett? ..Is everything alright?"

Brett looked up at Eddy from the floor where he was doing his stretching exercises.

"Yeah of course I am, why wouldn't I be?"

Because my dance moves are old, predictable and lack flare?

Because my dance moves always look the same and become terribly boring to watch..??

Something was playing tricks on Brett's mind that day. He was feeling down from the dream he had and struggled to snap out of his bad mood.

But it's not like Eddy has it all either... his lack of basic foundation in dance is a double-edged sword.. he may come up with creative new moves but most of his stuff still looks very rough around the edges...

Brett then felt terrible for thinking that way.

Eddy is great just the way he is. He's full of surprises and is busting with flare. He challenges himself with different movements and you would never ever get bored watching him...

"..Brett?"

Eddy slowly looked up from the floor again towards Eddy who had approached Brett doing his warming down exercises at the end of their dance lesson.

"Yeah? Sorry, what is it, Eddy?"

"Are you coming over to my place after this to practice?"

Brett bit his lip.

Brett was so excited when he was first shown the practice room at Eddy's house. Brett was so grateful when Eddy offered to share some time in the practice room so that Brett could work on his choreography. Eddy shared the practice room with his sister who played the piano, so Brett thought Eddy was being very generous to offer to share the limited amount of his practice room time with Brett.

"Um.. yes. Yes please."

Eddy let out a smile.

"Sure. Not a problem."

"Come through the house, Brett. Follow me."

Eddy stepped into his house, removed his shoes and picked them up. Brett did the same.

They left the door to the basement open to let the light from the ground floor come through.  They took the stairs that lead down to the garage. Eddy flicked on the switch and the practice room lit up for a split second, then the lights went out.

"Oh sh*t. I think the lightbulb blew out."

"Oh no. Eddy, do you have any spares?"

"Um.. I suppose I could check the cupboard upstairs.. hang on, I'll be right back."

Eddy slowly took the stairs back upstairs where the light from the ground floor corridor leaked through.

The next moment Brett heard a blood-curdling scream.

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!"

"Eddy..!?!?"

Brett heard a door slam and the whole basement was plunged into darkness. He next heard the fastest footsteps coming down the staircase to the basement.

"Eddy!? Slow down!! Don't hurt yourself coming down those stairs.."

The next instant Brett had the wind knocked out of him as Eddy ploughed into him.

"What the f*ck, Eddy? Are you alright?"

Eddy grit his teeth and groaned. He was shaking and sounded very distressed. He clutched onto Brett's arms so tightly that it actually hurt.

"Ow..!! Eddy, you're about to tear my arms off.. what happened?"

"..There.. there was a f*ckin' cockroach nearby the cupboard where the spare lightbulbs were stocked...!!!!"