16. Twoset Gloved

"Brett Yang."

"..Who?"

"Oh don't play dumb with me Eddy, I've seen the way you've been looking at him."

Sh*t

"W, what?"

"Yeah, of course you know the guy."

"So.. what if I do, Ray?"

"Just don't get your hopes up. He's a neat-freak-germaphobe."

"A what..?"

"Surely you've noticed the gloves?"

"Y, yeah..?"

Yeah I've noticed the gloves... of course I've noticed the gloves..!

"So he thinks everything around him is filthy, including people like you and me. What a f*cking insult."

"Oh."

"So I wouldn't bother with the guy."

"Oh."

"Eddy!"

"...Ray? F*ck, what time is it..."

"Get your ass to the campus pub, now!!"

"Whaaat? It's.... oh my god, f*ck, it's past 1 AM!! Why are you calling me so late.."

"You'll thank me for it. Just get here already!"

"Oh man."

"You, your ass here in 10 minutes or you will regret it!!"

"Fine, whatever. I'll be there."

"I.. don't understand... Ray, how could this happen?"

"To be honest, I have no f*cking clue."

"Didn't you guys share a meal?"

"I wasn't observant enough. I don't stare at the guy like you do."

"Oh shut the f*ck up!!"

"Look, to be honest I was surprised to see him. Like all of us at the tutorial were invited but I didn't think he'd come, you know.  So I was meant to call you to join us but I got busy talking with the ladies, y'know what it's like, or maybe you don't, whatever. Anyway, look, maybe he didn't eat cos we were sharing the food ? That would explain why he got so drunk ? So I'll leave him in your very capable hands, alright? Now be a gentleman Eddy. Consent is everything. No means no and you gotta respect that."

Eddy scoffed.

"Oh get bent Ray! I'm not like that!!"

Eddy pulled Brett's arm over his shoulder and practically carried Brett, very drunk and practically unconscious back to his dorm on campus. Ray said he had already tried repeatedly to find out where Brett lived but apparently he was too drunk to give a coherent answer.

Upon arriving at Eddy's dorm room, with a struggle, Eddy managed to remove Brett's shoes and drag him along to the bed. A third year university student, Eddy was fortunate to score a single room in his dorm this year, unlike the previous years when he had to share with a roommate. He then went to the kitchenette and grabbed a bottle of water and a packet of painkillers and left them on the bedside table. One quick glance at Brett's red face and Eddy decided to fetch a bucket and a roll of paper towels and left those by the bedside as well. He only had 1 bedside table but thought Brett would appreciate having access to water and painkillers straight away so he decided to give Brett his side of the bed. He was about to turn off the room light when he noticed Brett's hands still had gloves on. They were the semi-transparent latex type that Brett always wore and condensation was already forming on the inside. Eddy momentarily hesitated but thought they would get uncomfortable if left on all night so he gently removed them, revealing what he thought were the most beautiful hands he'd ever seen. He placed the removed gloves on the side table. He then turned off the room lights and got into the opposite side of the bed and went to sleep.