15. Twoset Traceurs IV - fight like an old couple, make up like newly weds

The Twoset Traceurs series started in the first book of "What if I ain't to violinist?"

Traceurs are practitioners of parkour.  In this series, Brett and Eddy are traceurs and together they run their Youtube channel Twoset Traceurs.  In earlier chapters of this series, they were uncertain of their relationship till the latest chapter when they became a couple.

-----------------------------------------

"Oh my god, Eddy, you are one stubborn piece of sh*t."

"Oh what!? F*ck, it certainly takes one to know one, Brett!!"

"Oh, get bent!!"

"F*ck that's it!! Don't bother seeing me off Brett!!"

Telling Brett not to bother seeing him off was the meanest thing Eddy could come up with. Which was pretty lame as far as being mean went. This was because when they weren't fighting and were all over each other, Brett would coo how much he loved seeing his partner off from the veranda as Eddy walked towards the train station.

The way to the train station from their apartment was to first walk straight down a quiet street. Whoever's turn it was to run errands for their Twoset Traceurs channel would be seen off by the other as he walked to the train station, in order to commute to their rental office or go visit sponsors.

When it was Eddy's turn to do the commuting, he used to turn around about a hundred times and wave as he walked down their street and Brett who opted to work from home would wave back from the 3rd storey veranda of their apartment. Until one day, Eddy almost gave Brett a heart attack when he nearly got run over by a car which he didn't notice because he was too busy waving at Brett!! Brett had since forbidden Eddy to wave to him as he walked and only allowed him to wave if he stood still.

That morning, as Eddy was ready to go out the door, Brett reminded him;

"Now no waving unless you stand still, hey."

Eddy had exclaimed in an exasperated tone;

"Geez, what am I, five ?"

Brett chuckled.

"Well Eddy, judging from how you were too busy waving at me and consequently nearly got run over by a car? ..yes."

"Humph"

Eddy pouted. Brett continued;

"I can't even let you walk along a street on your own because you cause me to worry. So yes, you are like a five year old."

"Oh f*ck off Brett."

"Eddy?"

"Y'know jus cos you're a year older, doesn't mean you can insult me."

"What? F*ck who's the baby who can't even walk down a street safely without someone holding his hand?"

"Oh for goodness sakes, stop being such an ars*hole Brett."

"So you think it's perfectly okay for you to absent mindedly prance down the street waving back at me only to almost murder me with a heart attack for almost getting hit by a car!?"

"I... I would've dodged it!!"

Brett rolled his eyes.

"Oh c'mon, I saw how pale you went when you were spared!!"

"Bullsh*t, how the f*ck could you tell from the 3rd floor veranda!?"

"You're the bullsh*t artist Eddy, how could you possibly say you could have dodged that frickin' car! You were only spared because that car came to a screeching halt and it still almost tapped you!!"

"I said I was fine..!!!"

Return to the first sentence of this chapter.

So ordinarily Eddy would have stopped every 20 steps or so to turn around to wave at Brett. Eddy was actually okay with the new routine. He was happy to stick with the new rules if it made Brett happy as a less worried Brett was a happy Brett.

But this morning, after their argument, Eddy had not stopped once as he stomped down the street. Until he got to the intersection.  As he was about to turn the corner, Eddy stopped. He slowly turned and looked up towards Brett. Despite the argument they just had, Brett was still there, out on the veranda, holding his cup of coffee and seeing Eddy off. In spite of their morning argument, Brett was still there to see to it that Eddy made it safely to the corner, albeit Brett looked grumpy AF. Then as if Eddy was trying to make up for all the waves he didn't do that morning, Eddy started to wave frantically, like a metronome on speed, at a hundred miles per hour. Brett's heart melted. He slammed down his mug onto the small table on the veranda and the next thing, much to the horror of the pedestrians nearby, he leapt off the veranda of their 3rd floor apartment.

Eddy's eyes widened in surprise as he witnessed his traceur partner scour down their apartment building like an Asian Spiderman. Luckily he only widen his eyes in surprise and did not recoil in horror as Eddy knew that the coming down from the 3rd storey veranda would've been a piece of cake for his parkour partner.

Still.

"Oh, you silly silly boy!!"

Eddy muttered under his breath as he rolled his eyes.

He was certain that Brett had breached some sort of building regulation.

Eddy started to walk back towards his apartment. He knew he had to as he would have to unlock and open the front door for Brett for him get back into their apartment. (Unless Brett climbed up the wall back up to the 3rd floor which Eddy didn't think was a good idea.

By the time Eddy got back to the front gate of their unit, Brett was already there and stood waiting for him. Or rather, as soon as Brett saw Eddy return, he ran up and threw himself at the taller.

"I'm sorry Eddy. Thanks for waving."

"You are an idiot, Brett."

"Takes one to know one, Eddy."

"In addition to forbidding you from waving at me while you walk, I now have to forbid you from scouring down the building. You could've broken a leg or cracked open your skull."

"No, I wouldn't."

"F*ck you are such a stubborn dumb*ss"

"And I love you too, Eddy."