18. Twoset Gloved III

Brett stared at Eddy. Eddy gazed back at him.

"So Brett.. if I promise I'll do my best not to upset you, will you see me again?"

Brett's eyes widened in surprise.

------------------------------

Brett stammered;

"What? Me? What? And..you? What? ...Us?!"

Eddy let out a chuckle.

"Yeah."

"Why?"

"..What do you mean why? Why not?"

"..Because I have absolutely no idea why you would ever want to."

Eddy smiled.

"Oh, I have my reasons. I've always had a bit of a crush on you."

"You did!? ..Are you crazy?"

"Excuse me?"

"What the hell would you see in me? Just look at me."

As he muttered in an exasperated tone, Brett opened up his hands, showing his gloved palms.

"What.. what kind of person could... genuinely be ...interested in someone ...all latexed up like me..."

Eddy smiled.

"Brett, you're not all latexed up.. so you wear gloves. The gloves are only a very small part of you."

Brett gazed at Eddy, still looking uncertain about everything.

"You.. have a crush on me?"

"Yeah"

"So.. what doe s that mean?"

"Well.. I wish you were my boyfriend"

"What.. like a girlfriend, boyfriend type boyfriend?"

"Um.. yeah. Except there're no girls involved so it would be like a boyfriend, boyfriend type boyfriend."

"..What the f*ck?"

Eddy let out a chuckle;

"Well I don't wanna rush things, so I'd like to first get to know you more. Become good friends. And perhaps when the time is right.. become intimate with you.."

"....what...?"

"..No?"

"I... I can't get my head around that."

Brett bit his lower lip and became very quiet. It appeared as if he could no longer utter a single word.

"Brett.. maybe we should get going?"

"Yeah.. please let me get this bill since I asked you out."

Eddy decided not to argue with him over the bill and cause him more stress.

"Okay. Thank you, Brett. Well, can I get us some coffees after this then?"

"Um, sure, I'd like that.."

They both approached the till, Eddy waited nearby while Brett paid for the food.

"Thank you for dinner Brett."

"You're welcome."

They left the small eatery. Once outside, Eddy stammered;

"Brett.. about before.. It's.. it's fair enough. It's still early stages. I get it that any intimacy is still a bit far off into the future"