12. Twoset Gap Moe III

"..Just how many was that, Brett?"

"Three."

Brett picked up his teaspoon and started stirring his coffee after he had added three packets of sugar to it.

The two had entered a nearby cafe to have coffee and dessert.

"..So Brett, you like your coffee sweet?"

"Hmm, I guess it depends on my mood of what I feel like..."

"Your mood?"

Brett blushed. Eddy furrowed his brows.

"...Brett? Why are you blushing?"

"What? I'm not blushing."

"Um, I think you are? So.. you're in some kinda mood for something sweet ?"

"Oh my god, Eddy, please stop."

Eddy was puzzled. He had no idea why Brett was embarrassed. So the guy liked sweet and hot beverages, what was the big deal?

"Brett, I don't understand. So you're in the mood for a sweet and hot drink? What's the big deal with that?"

Eddy couldn't believe it was possible but Brett's face went even redder.

"Brett, have I missed something?"

"No... but can we please just drop it?"

Eddy shrugged.

"Okay.. sure."

It was rather strange. It wasn't weird or anything, just unusual. And very intriguing.

"Thank you for waiting guys, here are your desserts."

The waitress placed a small strawberry mousse in front of Brett and a ginormous chocolate mud cake in front of Eddy. Eddy's eyes widened.

"F*ck, that is huge."

Brett shrugged and smiled at the petite and pink dessert served in a little glass.

"How cute is this?"

They then looked up and looked at each other and started laughing.

They then swapped plates.

The ginormous chocolate mud cake housed itself on a large dinner plate. Once it was placed in front of its rightful owner, Brett happily exclaimed;

"This looks great..!"

Eddy agreed with Brett. But he could not see himself ever finishing a desert at such epic proportions. He momentarily thought he could not see Brett finish it either, but of course once Brett started putting dainty mouthfuls of chocolate cake into his mouth, he happily savoured every single bite till it was all gone. It reminded Eddy of the famous quote: "there is only one way to eat an elephant: a bite at a time".

"What is it, Eddy?"

"Sorry? I beg your pardon?"

"Why are you staring at me?"

"Oh. Sorry. I was just.. admiring how you eat your cake."

"What? Why?"

"You just look so happy when you eat. It's kinda sweet."

"Kinda sweet?"

"Well.. really sweet, really."

Eddy bit his lower lip.

"Sorry.. Brett that was probably inappropriate of me to say that."

Geez, I work with the guy and I haven't even spent one working day with him yet...!  I don't want to come across as unprofessional.