Chapter Four - Maid

Ajinke's POV;

I freeze in my tracks when I come face to face with the massive palace. Never in my life have I been here. During festivities and all, I never came to the palace.

I have no friends nor family and coming to a place that will be so choked with people from the village, would only remind me of how lonely I am. So, I always chose to stay in my house.

Now I'm here. Facing the royal palace. Only god knows what will happen to me when I step in.

The prince turns around and sees I'm not moving. Suddenly, a guard nudges me, and I rush forward. Thanking goddess Yaremi that I didn't fall at the impact.

I steal a glimpse of the prince and find his gaze straight ahead and head held high in pride. His aura is like that of a king. He should be about 22 years old. He doesn't look like he'd have mercy on me. I'm done for.

I miserably avert my gaze back to my feet as they move. I stop moving when the prince suddenly halts but I don't raise my head.

"Take her to the female quarters. Tell the maids to get her ready to meet my parents. "I hear the prince say, and my heart vanishes.

"As what, sir? "The guard behind me questions, and I gulp.

"A maid." The prince says, and I look up at him in alarm. This day is going way too fast for my understanding.

Me, Ajinke. A royal maid. How? Wait, he's saying I should be dressed up as a maid. Does that mean I will now live and work as a palace maid, or he just wants me to look presentable enough to appear before the king and queen for my punishment?

"I'd let you know when to bring her." He says, and I stare at him in pure confusion. He stares at me before turning around and walking away with pride mixed in each stride.

"Move. "I hear one of the guards order, causing me to jump a bit in fright, but I obey. Walking obediently before him.

All this for just mangoes. If only I had known! What will I tell my ancestors in heaven? That mangoes killed me!? That I died because of two Mangoes!?

I walk behind the guard for quite a while before approaching a massive building. The guard opens the door without knocking and on stepping in after him, my gaze lands on tons of beautiful young ladies adorned with beads, all dressed in deep blue breast tubes, and green knee-length skirts.

Some have their skirts a few inches up their thighs.

"Prince Adebiyi has ordered that this young woman be dressed and made ready to see the king and queen.

She should be ready in the next few minutes." The guard says, and with this, he turns around and leaves the room. Shutting the door after him, and leaving me alone in the room with hundreds of eyes glaring at me.

I stand stupidly with my head hanging and fingers messing with each other as the maids in the room keep scanning me with their eyes.

The guard didn't direct his statement to anyone.

Out of nowhere, a hand grabs mine and begins to pull me. I look up and find a dark-skinned, slim lady pulling me through the crowd, and soon we get to a room with four beds in it. There are two other girls in the room, and they sit up on seeing me.

The lady who grabbed my hand twirls me around and makes me sit on a bed.

"Welcome to the royal palace. My name is Asake, and you are?" She says and questions while holding out a hand to me, and I stare up at beauty with clear, dark skin.

I take her hand and reply.

"Ajinke."

"Ouu. That's a beautiful name. As beautiful as the owner." She compliments, and I give her a tight smile in discomfort.