Chapter 57 - You Belong In My Arms

Ajinke's POV;

It's afternoon, and I'm sitting idly in the room I've been confined to. I miss home. If I was back in the palace, I'd be out chatting with Asake by now or running about to ensure the prince's comfort.

Asake... I still can't believe she's gone. Just like that. Like a puff of smoke. She just left me. It still feels like a dream.

"Princess, would you like to take a stroll? "A maid questions as she pops her head into the room.

I stare at her for a few seconds before finally nodding.
"Yes, I would. "

This could be my opportunity to learn a few things about this place, and hopefully find out where they're keeping my prince. If I do that, I might be able to plan how to go and see him, and also how to save him.

I get off the bed and follow after the maid whose face I've now grown to know. On stepping out, I find two other maids with familiar faces.

"Have you maidens been allocated to me? "I question the maid at my side as we begin to walk, and she smiles at me.

"Yes, princess. We are here to ensure your comfort and provide for your needs. "She replies, and I smile back.

"What are your names? "I question, and she replies with her ever-constant, bright smile.

"My name is Bisire "She replies.
"My name is Ayobami "One of the girls behind me replies, and
"My name is Iyabo "The third girl replies, and I smile.

"Why do you all call me princess? "I question, and they fall silent for a while.

"Well, you'd be getting married to master Muyiwa, soon. And he's... Just like a prince here. That's why we call you princess. "The maid beside me once again, replies, and my heart almost fails me.

What does she mean that I'd be getting married to Muyiwa soon? What... What is she saying...?

My thoughts are interrupted when I take a miscalculated step, and I begin to dive down the steps. I hadn't paid enough attention. I didn't see them there.

I hear the maids behind me scream, and I close my eyes in fear as I get ready to hit the ground, but I suddenly crash into something. Something that I'm sure, isn't the ground.

As arms wrap around me, I realize that someone caught me. I look up, and my heart skips a beat when I see whose arms I'm in.

King Adedamola Jagunmolu!!

I quickly pull myself away from him, but trip again. Causing him to catch me a second time.

"Are you okay? "He questions and I look up at him.

"Yes... Yes, I'm fine. "I reply. This time, slowly pulling myself out of his grip.

"Be careful next time. "He says, and the maids rush down to me.

"Princess, are you okay? "
"Are you hurt? "
They begin to clamor, but I pay no attention to them. I'm horrified, being in the presence of this man... This... This monster.

He may look young and handsome, but he's more than that. He's cold and rootless. Merciless and dreadful.

He looks up at me before he begins to walk away. Causing me to gulp. Why did I have to cross paths with him? He gives me chills. His dark eyes are so empty and endless. I can't even begin to think of the things that possibly made him this way.
What stole his soul?

"Princess?? "The maids call when they find that I haven't given them any answers.

"I'm... I'm fine. It's okay. "I reply, and I see relief wash over their faces.