Chapter 56 - Alive For Her

King Adedamola's POV;

I look up, and my heart skips a beat on seeing the beauty who has just walked into the room. I couldn't see her properly last night, but now, with the help of light from the sun, I can see how flawless she truly is.

Her wrapper has been tied in such a way that inches of her clear, smooth thighs are in view. Thighs that flow down into long, spotless legs.

Her hair is unbraided but is packed. The full African afro is a thick, dark forest of beauty on her head. Her hair has been packed so tightly, that it's stretched the ends of her eyes a bit. Giving them the shape of a cat's eyes.

A bit narrow and very inviting. Her eyes are brown, with notable, golden rings around them. Her little, pointed nose leads to her full, pink lips.

Her full bosom dips into a remarkably tiny waist, and bursts into alluring hips that effortlessly sway with each step she takes.

Her gaze is on the ground and her fingers are fondling each other in front of her. She's perfection in every sense. Yes, she looks younger than a lot of the maids here, but she's uniquely beautiful and heavenly made.

More like a goddess. It is said that Akomojo is home to some of the most beautiful girls in all kingdoms, but Ajinke is just... Differently beautiful. Effortlessly alluring and perfectly flawless. Even without color on her face, she'd pass for a queen any day.

She's so beautiful, that one can refer to her as an embodiment of the goddess.

Little wonder Muyiwa is so obsessed with her. She's nothing like I've ever seen before... She perfection in person.

She finally takes her seat at the table.
I'm sitting at the north, head of the table, and she sits opposite Muyiwa who's on my left side. She's silent and doesn't raise her head, and Muyiwa looks at me for a second, before looking back at her.

There's so much excitement in his eyes.

The maid's soo dish the food, and I start eating, whereas, Muyiwa and his maiden haven't touched their food.

"Won't you eat? "He questions the girl, and she speaks to my hearing for the very first time.

"I'm not hungry. "She says with a voice so tender and soft, and I watch annoyance flash in Muyiwa's eyes, but I continue eating. I will not miss my breakfast over drama that does not concern me.

"You can't say that. You didn't eat anything last night. You have to eat, or you'd fall sick.  "Muyiwa speaks, and she falls silent.

"Has my prince eaten? "She replies, and I'm forced to look up at her in surprise.

Not only is she beautiful, but she's brave and daring.

"What nonsense is this? "Muyiwa exclaims, and I help myself to another scoop of my piping hot *Amala and Egusi soup.

*Amala and Egusi soup = Is a Yoruba traditional meal. The main ingredient in the soup is melon seed, and the Amala is made of flour, gotten from dried yam.

"I will not eat a single thing until the prince has been fed. "She replies, and Muyiwa looks up at me in alarm, but I only take another scoop to my mouth.

"Don't make me force you! "Muyiwa tries to threaten, but she cuts him off.

"I've made up my mind and nothing will change that. I'd rather die, than drink even a drop of water, while my prince is starving. "She replies, and I stare in silent awe.

I'm impressed. There's more to her than just her breathtaking beauty.

"Thank you. I'd be taking my leave, now. "She adds before standing up, and as she begins to walk away, Muyiwa drops his head, and begins to clench his fists tightly.

"Guards! "He suddenly calls, and the girl stops walking. I watch in silence, as two guards rush over to him, and he speaks.

"Go and serve the prisoner food, and make sure he eats it. "He orders and the guards look over at me.

I promised Muyiwa a tangible position in my kingdoms if he helps me take over Akmojo. However, that doesn't give him full control over my workers.

They still need to run his orders through me. I nod my head lightly, and the guards bow, before exiting the hall.

"Did you hear that? I've ordered them to go feed him. Now, come back and eat, unless you have another complaint you need to make known. "Muyiwa says, and as I roll the delicious food in my mouth, I take note of the anger in his voice.

He's fighting for a girl who seems to have no place for him in her heart.

She turns around and silently makes her way back to the table. After a few seconds of silence, she starts eating. Her face is void of expression, and she looks dull. As someone who's caused a lot of people to be unhappy, I know for a fact that she's currently in dismay.

I wonder if Muyiwa's fight is worth it. Is he right about this girl? Will she eventually love him, or is he about to ruin three lives for nothing? His, included.

*************

Adebiyi's POV;

"Who's that for? "I hear a guard question someone, and I weakly pull my eyes open as I stare at the shut door.

"For the prisoner. "Another male's voice replies, and curiosity pinches me.

"That can't be right. Master Muyiwa ordered that he'd be given no food or water, at all. "The owner of the first voice says, and the second voice replies.

"Well, the master has changed his mind. He ordered us to bring the prisoner food, just now. "The voice says, and I raise a brow.

"The new princess. She refused to eat anything unless the prisoner has been fed. So, master Muyiwa sent us here to give him food. " The voice adds, and my heart hops as I know they're talking about Ajinke.

She cares so much about me. I can't believe she was bold enough to make such a demand on foreign land, to a demon such as Muyiwa.

The door creeks open, and two guards walk in. One places the food on the ground, and the other begins to untie my hands.

"Eat. It might be your last meal. And don't try anything stupid. My hands are itching to spill blood. "The buff guard who placed the tray of food on the floor says, and I smile inwardly.

I know full well that if I wasn't so weak and in pain, would put an end to him with unbelievable ease. Him and the others. However, I'm currently in no state to do so. And I don't want to do anything that would worsen Ajinke's situation.

That bastard might get vexed and chose to marry her immediately.

As the guards walk out, I sit before the plate of food and smile as I remember my little angel. My sweet, Ajinke.

I pray to goddess Yaremi to keep her safe, and after a few more heartfelt prayers, I help myself to the hot food before me. If she wants me to eat, I will.

After all, I need to stay alive for her.