Chapter 50 - What Is He Planning?

Ajinke's POV;

It's the sixth day of my training with Yemoja, and we're currently at the shrine, sitting side by side. She told me that before she lets me go, she needs to be sure that I understand the concept of communicating with the goddess.

My eyes are shut, and I divert all my energy and attention to hearing from the goddess. The same vision I have been getting comes back, and I zone out of reality as I get pulled into the vision.

"Run, run. "
"Help! Help! "
"Yaremi ohhh! "
Cries of agony fill my ears, as I walk further into the vision. I freeze when I realize where this is. The palace.

It's on fire. I look around and find the maid's quarters burning in furious flames, and fire burning from inside the palace… I turn to a side and freeze when I see myself crying mercilessly, with a body in my arm.

I begin to feel weak, but I decide against passing out. I need to see whose body is in my arms. Who am I going to lose?

I begin to feel tipsy, and the vision begins to blur as I feel my body begin to sway lightly. Everything suddenly fades into darkness and a glowing woman appears before me.

The same mystic woman from the sacred river.

She cradles my cheek in her palm and looks me loving in the eyes.

"Go, your prince needs you.

Stay blessed. "She says to me, and I feel my heart drop into my stomach. She plants a kiss on my forehead, and with that, my eyes fly open.

My prince needs me. Is Adebiyi's life dependent on me? Is he the body I keep seeing in my arms in those visions?

Adebiyi needs me… I turn to Yemoja and find that her eyes are still closed. I try to reach for her, but all forms of light, vanish from my sight. I blacked out.
******

I open my eyes and find myself on a mat in Yemoja's living room.

"You need to go. "She says to me as she hands me a cup of water.

"I've sent a message to the king to come and fetch you. The guards are waiting outside for you. Normally, you ought to spend seven days here, but your test has begun. You need to go. "She says to me, and I sit up, and take the cup from her hand.

I drink from the cup's pure water, and I look up at her.

"Thank you ma. "I reply before getting off the bed and dropping the cup on the stool beside the mat.

On getting out, I see a group of guards and a chariot.
How did they get here so fast?

I turn to Yemoja who's now in the doorway and question her.

"For how long was I out? "

"Five minutes, "She replies, and my heart falls. That's long enough for disaster to happen. I need to get to the palace now!

I am about to get into the chariot but turn back to Yemoja in worry, as a question pricks my heart.

"Will I pass this test? "I question, and Yemoja smiles.

"*Ifẹ Yaremi, yoo ṣee. "She replies, and my heart breaks.

*Ifẹ Yaremi, yoo ṣee = Yaremi's will, shall be done.

That's not a certain answer. What if Yaremi doesn't want me to pass?
I nod as I try to hold back tears and get into the carriage. I wave at Yemoja as the guards proceed out of the compound with me, and fear clenches my heart as I begin to pray that all is well at the palace. I can't lose anyone.

**********

Adebiyi's POV;

My father and I, are with the chiefs in the royal courtroom, discussing the recent developments, and how to protect the people from whatever attack could be coming. However, our discussion is interrupted when Chief Akinsanya suddenly speaks.