Chapter 60 -I Accept The Marriage

Ajinke's POV;

It's night, and I'm sitting at the dining table, with Muyiwa and the king. I'm eating in silence when Muyiwa suddenly speaks.

"I've chosen a date for the wedding. "He says, and I freeze.

I look up at him, and so does the king.

"Good. When? "The king replies, and I swallow

"In the next three days. I want it to be a massive wedding. "Muyiwa replies, and I stare at him with anger boiling in my veins.

"The word would be let out, and workers would get to work. "The king speaks, and I don't realize when my anger pulls me to my feet.

Muyiwa and the king look at me in confusion, and I glare at Muyiwa.

"I have said it before, and I will say it again. I am not getting married to you, and you can't force me. I'd rather die. "I speak, and anger bounces to life in Muyiwa's eyes.

"We've been over this before. You have no say in this matter. "He speaks sternly, and I roll my eyes.

"it's my life, so I have a say. I will not be getting married to you, Muyiwa. It won't happen. I would never agree to this nonsense. "I yell, and Muyiwa glares at me.

"Your highness, there's someone waiting in the courtroom to see you. He says it's an emergency. "A guard says from the entrance of the room, and the king nods.

Muyiwa and I watch as he washes his hands, and rises from the table. He bows at us, and exits the room, with the guard.

"I will not get married to you. We both know the goddess places a curse on any man that marries a woman without her consent.
I would never consent to this wedding, and you can't get married to me without my consent. Except you don't fear the goddess's curse. "I speak, and Muyiwa glares at me.

I turn around and begin to walk away from the table, but he speaks, and I freeze.

"Guards, get me the prisoner. "He orders.

I stand still, with my back to Muyiwa, and after a few minutes, they drag Adebiyi into the room. My heart falls on seeing him, and tears instantly cloud my eyes.

He's covered in blood and scars, and he looks unspeakably weak.

"My prince? "I question in horror, and he looks up at me with weak eyes.

"Ajinke... "He speaks weakly, and I can't help my aching heart. I make to rush toward him, but I feel someone take hold of my wrist.

I look behind me and find Muyiwa holding on to me.

"Let go of me! "I yell, but he ignores me.

"Take him in. "He orders and the guards drag Adebiyi further into the room.

"Don't let her interrupt me. "He orders and a guard walks up to my side and takes hold of my wrist.

"Get me a whip! "Muyiwa orders as he lets go of me, and my heart falls into my stomach.

"What are... What are you doing!? "I question Muyiwa in panic as a guard hands Muyiwa a thick, leather, three-mouthed whip.

"You're not going to give your consent to marry me, right? "He questions as he walks over to Adebiyi, and my heart begins to beat furiously against my rib cage.

"that's fine... "He adds as he stands before Muyiwa, and tears of horror well up in my eyes.

"We'd see about that... "He speaks again as he stoops down before Adebiyi, and spits at him.