Chapter Eleven - Hide My Name

Ajinke's POV;

Asake and I are sitting and laughing at the back of the maid's quarters, folding laundry to be taken back to the palace, when Ayodeji, the little child Ronke planned on murdering, comes running towards us.

"Aunty Ajinke, there's someone here to see you. "He says, and my brows furrow.

"Me? Who's that? "I question in wonder.

"I don't know. He just said I should call you. "He replies, and I give Asake a look.

" He? "She questions Deji, and he nods energetically.

" Yes, "

"What does he look like? "I question. Wondering which male on earth could be looking for me.

"His hair is full, he has a long nose, and he's very fine. "The little child replies, and I instantly get a clue on who he's talking about.

I give Asake another look before replying.

" Where is he? "

"Right outside the maid's quarters. "He replies, and I smile.

"Go, I'll continue. "Asake says, and I smile and nod at her before rising and following Deji.

I walk through the maid's quarters while tagging after Deji, and finally, we make it out, and I freeze on seeing Muyiwa.

"You? " I question in awe on seeing him, and he looks up at me.

He's dressed in a pair of blue *adire shirt and shorts,

*Adire =A material that is tied and dyed. Traced back to Yoruba people.

He gets off the wall he's leaning on and stands to face me. He stoops down to little Deji and smiles at him.

"Thank you. "He says to him, and Deji smiles back.

"You're welcome! "The little boy replies before running off.

"Hey, "Muyiwa says to me after standing properly.

"Hi, I... Wasn't expecting to see you around here." I reply, and he shows me a flawless smile.

"I wasn't too, but I couldn't help myself." He says, and I feel my cheeks heat up.

I simply stare at him, and he stares up at me.

"Ermm, I came... To give you this."He says, while holding out a little pouch to me, and I stare quizzically at him.

"W.. what is this? "I question as I take the pouch from him.

"Open it."He replies, and I stare down at the little pouch in my hand which jingles with each move I make it make on my hands.

I stare up at him and back at the pouch, before deciding to open it.

I tilt the pouch, and golden objects slip into my palm.

"Motilayo told me that you liked the anklets I made her. So, I made you these." He informs as I assess the beautiful jewels in my hands.

Beautiful, golden, anklets. My jaw drops at how beautiful they are.

"Are... Are these made of real gold? "I question in awe as I look up at him, and he smiles and nods.

"What!? I... I can't take this. It's too..." I make to protest, but he cuts me off. 

"Too what? Small? Cause I want to believe you're not about to say too expensive or big. It's just gold. To you, it should mean nothing.

I've heard quite a lot about you from Motilayo, and from what I've heard, I'm just offering you a small piece of what you're made of. "He says, and flames come to life in my cheeks.