Chapter 39 - Demonic Duo

Third Persons Narrative;

The village was shaken by the announcement the queen had made. She announced to everyone that her unconscious son would be getting married to Ronke, and anger is not far-fetched from what many villagers are feeling.

No one could stop the queen. If the king wanted to do so, he'd have to disgrace his wife, and he loves her too much to do that. He could only earnestly pray that she comes back to her senses.

Preparations for the wedding had commenced immediately, and the prince was still stuck in his coma. Ajinke was still facing the wrath of Ajala, and today was her fourth meeting with the ice-cold man.

Ajinke is tied on the floor, and freezing water is being poured on her, she's shaking, and her teeth are chattering. Her fingers and toes are numb. She's freezing, but these men won't stop pouring this cold water on her.

Ajala had just picked his whip and was ready to wipe Ajinke again, when all of a sudden, something jumped between him and Ajinke. Blocking the whip from touching her fragile, cold skin.

Ajinke looks up, and for a second, her soul leaps for joy. Muyiwa is standing above her like a mighty tower. Blocking her from Ajala.

She looks into his eyes and for the first time in days, she feels a ray of hope. Of safety.

“Young man, what are you doing here? “Ajala questions Muyiwa, but Muyiwa remains silent. Staring at Ajinke. The weak girl stares back, and a tear escapes her eyes.

Muyiwa had no idea that Ajinke had been locked up. He was so pissed to discover this. First his mother, and now the girl he loves. He couldn't help but find a way to sneak past security, to save his love.

Ajinke didn't know what to feel, but right now, she felt hope. Hope that for some reason, Muyiwa would be able to save her.

“Are you deaf!? “Ajala barks and Muyiwa turns to him.

“You have no right to hit this girl! You're punishing an innocent person with no proof! “He yells at Ajala, and Ajala glares at him with wide eyes.

“Get out now! I can have you beheaded for obstructing the queen's orders! “Ajala yells, and Muyiwa glares at the old man.

“How can you be so cold? Look at her! She is weak, she's bleeding, and she's not being treated like a human being.

Can't you see that if you keep this up, she could die!? “Muyiwa screams and Ajala glares at him with building rage.

“Get out now, or I'd be forced to make you share out of her punishment! “Ajala threatens, and Muyiwa scoffs.

“Fine by me.” He replies. He bends before Ajinke, and the horrified girl looks into his big, brown orbs.

“I'm sorry I can't do anything about this. But I'd make these people pay. “He says to her before pulling her into a hug and trying his very best to hide every exposed part of her body in his embrace.

Muyiwa lets out a pained groan when Ajala begins to wipe mercilessly. Ajala keeps wiping frigidly and Ajinke keeps shrieking in emotional pain as she knows how much pain muyiwa is enduring for her. She's been subjected to that same pain for days.

“Muyiwa, you don't have to do this. “She begs with tears in her eyes, but Muyiwa plants a peck on her forehead and doesn't say a word.

As Ajala keeps wiping, Muyiwa keeps trying to hide Ajinke in his arms. He doesn't want the whip to touch her.

Ajala continues to wipe until he's winded, and blood starts flowing out of Muyiwa's newly acquired wounds.

“Listen here, boy, you need to leave. I have no business with you. If you die here, I won't be able to explain that. “Ajala says to Muyiwa, and Muyiwa doesn't budge.