Chapter 40 -What next?

My dearest readers, before you continue, I'd like to apologize in advance.
Last week Thursday (March 17) was my birthday, and I was very tired even though I really wanted to come on here. I was supposed to update on Friday, but my fatigue worsened 💔

So, here is an update to make it up to you all.

This is my very long birthday update 🤭🤭 Enjoy, I love you all🥺🥺🤲🤲❣️

Third Persons Narrative;

The Iya Oba had traveled to one of the neighboring villages as she was invited as a guest of honor to their princess's wedding. However, she had to rush back home when news about the queen's announcement reached her.

She had no idea that Adebiyi had been in a coma, and that Ajinke was locked up. But the announcement the queen made was such big, shocking news, it reached the queen mother in less than twenty-four hours.

She's currently in her chambers, admonishing queen Kofo, who is not ready to listen to anything or anyone.

"Have you lost your mind? Who you the right to make such a decision!? Have you forgotten that there are rituals to be performed before picking a bride for our son, and a queen for our village!? "The Iya Oba, queen mother, yells, and the queen rolls her eyes.

"*Mami, with all due respect, I advise you to stay out of this. Adebiyi will be getting married to Ronke, and nothing will stop this! "The queen replies and the queen mother's mouth drops at Kofos's sudden, demonic bravery.

*Mami = My mother.
The queen mother is about to say something when there's a knock on the door.

"Who is it? "The queen mother questions and a small voice follows.

"Greetings to my great queens. The prince has woken up from his coma and ordered an emergency meeting with the villagers at the royal, meeting field. Your presence is demanded. "A maid says, and the queen and queen mother share a puzzled look among themselves.

Although they are both in the palace, they weren't aware that the prince had regained consciousness.

"We've heard. "The queen mother replies, and the maid walks away.

*********

Adebiyi had called the entire village and is standing before them, ready to address the crowd, and his father is sitting on the royal throne.

His mother and grandmother step into the corridor where he and his father are, but he doesn't acknowledge their presence. Instead, he starts talking.

"Dear people of Akomojo, I would first like to greet and thank every one of you for your prayers and good wishes. As you all can see, I'm fine by the goddess's grace. I'd also like to appreciate you all for the gifts sent to me while I was unconscious. I have received them all, and they have all warmed my heart.

Now, to the pressing issue. As we all know, my mother made an announcement yesterday, that I'd be getting married to Ronke... I would like to debunk that information, as it is very wrong, and I knew nothing about it. " The prince says, and the crowd is taken up by what seems to be happy murmurs.

"What!? "The queen yells, and the crowd falls silent. Adebiyi turns to his mother, and she marches up to him.

"What is the meaning of this!? You didn't even dim it fit to discuss with me before doing this!? "The queen whisper yells at Adebiyi, and he raises a brow.

"The same way you discussed your discission with me? "He questions rhetorically, and she falls silent.

"All I know is you have to get married! "She whisper yells, and Adebiyi rolls his eyes.