Chapter Sixteen -She Matters

Ajinke's POV;

I freeze when I feel his erect manhood pressed down against my thigh. I begin to struggle, cry and scream while also begging for mercy.

I can't lose my virginity to this man! I never got to know my parents but my grandma thought me that my body is precious and I've learned that. That's why during all my hardships, I never sold my body for food or comfort.

For eighteen good years, I've kept myself with the mind of presenting my well-kept self to whichever man will succeed in owning my heart.

And now this man who's old enough to be my father wants to rob me of my innocence. No! I can't let this happen.

"Shut up! "He yells at me as I don't stop crying, and I scream in panic as he begins to tug at my skirt.

" Somebody help me!! "

Adebiyi's POV;

I'm in the forest with my arrows and guards. My parents went on a hunting trip, and I chose to hunt in the small forest behind the chief's area.

I don't usually come here, as I hardly catch anything. But I don't know why I have an incredible urge to hunt here today.

I stop in my tracks when I hear someone scream. The scream sounds troubled and pained. I bring my bow and arrow down and stand straight.

It sounds like a female.

I look around in confusion with a creased forehead. What would a woman be doing so deep in the forest and that too at this time of day?

I flag one of my guards over, and he walks up to me.

"Can you hear that? "I question, and he nods as the troubled scream comes again.

" Yes, your highness. "He replies.

"Do people use this forest? "I question, and he shakes his head.

"Not that I know of, your highness."He replies, and at the next scream I hear, my stomach twists in worry.

For reasons unknown to me, I start racing towards the screams with my guards behind me.

It doesn't take much running before I come to a clear space under a big tree, but my heart snaps at what I find beneath the tree.

A man on top of a struggling woman.

"Get off her! "I order, and the man instantly jumps off the woman in fright. I freeze when I see the faces of the people before me.

One of my father's chiefs. Chief Abiodun and... Ajinke! Her face is covered in tears and mucus. Her clothes are stained, and one of her feet is bleeding badly.

My guards begin to surround the place, and Ajinke doesn't stop crying.

I look over at the chief, and my eyes dart down and widen at the charm in his hand. It looks nothing like what the village healer would make for him. It looks like one of Iginla's black magic.

"My... My prince. What are you doing here? "The chief questions and anger begins to boil in the depths of my stomach as the realization of what was about to happen, hit me.

"What's that?" I question, and he begins to stutter.

"Ermm... Ermm... My... My Prince, I just..."He begins, and I cut him off.

" You were about to rape her!? How dare you do this in my father's palace!? "I scream at him in anger, and he jumps in fright.

"My Prince, that's... That's not what happened. She... She... There's no need to get angry. She's just a maid. She doesn't matter... "He says with a stupid chuckle, and anger flashes on my vision.