02 • Lost Happiness

Inori swayed from side to side, humming happily as Hizashi bandaged her feet. It took all of her willpower to not flail her legs in excitement. Hizashi could only laugh at her giddiness.

After passing out, Inori slept for two full days. She woke up to a grand feast made by Grandma Shizuku and she nearly cried when she could finally eat to her heart's content. Grandma Shizuku really spoiled Inori rotten, baking manju and sweet potatoes for her until Inori grew sick of it.

And true to his words, Getsumei invited his siblings to go camping in the woods as soon as Inori woke up. It took about a week, but Inori was finally able to walk normally again. The three siblings planned to go right now, and Inori was over the moon with happiness.

"You're excited." Getsumei walked from behind and ruffled her hair. "It's not even going to be anything big. Just a large blanket being propped up by wooden swords in the forest and some skygazing. I've read the books, so it really shouldn't even be considered real camping."

"It's fine." Inori hummed, still brimming with excitement. She dashed to put her sandals on as soon as Hizashi finished bandaging her feet, bouncing and jittery with excitement.

"Well, at least you're looking better." Hizashi placed his palm on her forehead, checking for a fever. "You seem to be doing fine. I was really worried because you kept feeling sick all day yesterday."

"It's fine. It's fine." Inori waved his concerns off, too busy being excited. "I just have this really bad feeling, but it's probably just an aftereffect of the dance or something. The worst that could happen would probably be me being pulled by the river current again."

"Don't worry about that." Getsumei ruffled her hair. "Zashi-nii and I will make sure you don't even have to go near the waters."

The triplets bid their grandmother goodbye, hiking through the forest near their house to their favorite spot, the river. Hizashi set up their makeshift blanket-tent while Getsumei dove into the river to catch some fish. Inori was tasked with gathering fallen branches for firewood.

"Getsu-nii, I'm sure that's not how you make a fire." The sun had set and the three were currently huddled around the pile of branches. Getsumei has been trying to create a spark by ramming two rocks together, and he didn't look successful. "Maybe we should just use the match?"

"Inori, how could you say that?" Getsumei has a scandalized look on his face, his hand on his chest. "We are supposed to be camping."

"Getsu, I really don't see how being a caveman is camping. Just use the match." Hizashi plucked the rocks from Getsumei, throwing them back into the river. He ignored Getsumei's scandalized babbling as he lit the match.

When the fire was finally roaring and strong, Inori realized that she had no talent whatsoever when it came to making food. The charred skewered fish told her more than she needed to know. Getsumei laughed while Hizashi sympathetically patted her back.

"Don't worry, you've got a lot of free time right now." Getsumei ruffled her hair when he finally stopped laughing. "So, don't look so down, Zashi-nii and Grandma can teach you all the stuff you couldn't learn before." He gave her another skewered fish, guiding her hand to cook the fish. "See, that wasn't so hard." He snickered as Inori's eyes glimmered at the perfectly cooked fish in her hand.

Hizashi smiled at the display, taking his own cooked fish and raising it high. "Well, let's eat!"

"Let's eat!"

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚☆.。.☆.。.:*☆ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

"What about that star?" Hizashi's finger reached out to the air, trying to grab the glimmering light that was so far away.