82 • Struggles and Conviction

Inori felt blood dripping onto her eyelashes and into her eyes, yet she didn't close them. Her eyes stung from overusing her clairvoyance, and she didn't need a mirror to know that her sclera was slowly turning red from the ruptured blood vessels.

If I keep this up, I'm going to go blind. Despite knowing that, Inori forced her eyes to stay open, maintaining their clairvoyant state. Come on. Come on. Not yet. Not now. Come on. Please. Activate already.

Stone Breathing: Fifth—

Moon Breathing: Sixteenth Form: Moonbow, Half Moon

His techniques are endless. Just how many forms does he have? Gyomei gritted his teeth, deflecting the massive slashes Kokushibo had just showered upon them. His speed is absolutely insane. I can't attack. He's reading my every action and shuts it down before I can even start them.

The Stone Pillar furrowed his eyebrows. How is he doing it? It's different from Hoshizora's instant analyzing and predicting. Because that was what Inori usually did; analyze, predict, and adapt, all in the span of a few seconds. But Kokushibo's ability was different. It's as if he can actually see the future. Is it some supernatural ability? A blood demon art? Just what can this demon see? What is he seeing?

"Inori! Cancel your clairvoyance!" Gyomei could hear Muichiro yelling. "Your sclera is turning red! Cancel it before you go blind!"

Her sclera is turning red? Does that mean she's been using her clairvoyance for a long time now? Why? Inori's techniques and skills relied heavily on her eyesight, he knew that much. She normally doesn't need to use it to analyze her enemies, and even if she does, she would only use it for a short while. Is there something more to it? Hoshizora wouldn't do something so reckless without a reason.

Gyomei shook his head. No. Now's not the time for that. Inori should know what she was doing. She wasn't someone he needed to baby in a fight like this. I have to sharpen my senses. Find the truth behind this dreading situation. What's a demon? A human whose form and genetics have been altered. What's possible for a demon is possible for a human. Through breathing, humans have literally made themselves as strong as demons.

Because at the end of everything, demons used to be humans too.

These unseeing eyes perceive the true nature of this world. They can never be deceived. Realization dawned on him. The Transparent World Tsugikuni Yoriichi was born with. Hoshizora is trying to awaken that. Then, I have to gaze deeper as well. Look beyond the flesh! Deeper! To the very limit of my sight!

For a second, Gyomei's blind eyes could see through Kokushibo's flesh. What on earth? Is this the Transparent World? I can sense his pulse...I see a perfect image of his movements. This might just be it.

The air shifted, and it wasn't caused by Kokushibo's attack. Gyomei tilted his head to the side—light footsteps like they're running on their toes, lots of jumping and skidding—and he immediately knew just who was creating that shift and what she was planning to do.

Get in. Weave through the gaps! Inori ignored the blood trickling down her eyes, running towards Kokushibo. If I can stop him from moving for even a single second...if I can slow his relentless attacks even just a bit...Himejima-san, Shinazugawa-san, or Muichiro...one of them will surely kill him. Come on, while I can still move.

"Shinazugawa! Tokito!" Gyomei called out, already reading Inori's intention. The other two didn't take long to understand, immediately rushing forward alongside Inori.

Moon Breathing: Fourteenth Form: Catastrophe, Tenman Crescent Moon

Get in. Get in. Weave through the gaps. Inori gritted her teeth until her jaw hurt. Her eyes burned from the strain. Come on. Come on. Please. Yoriichi-sama! Please!