29 • Chocolate #2

"He's so annoying, Senjuro-kun!"

"Ahaha...is that so?"

"He picks me up like I'm a cat—he holds me like I'm a cat! I swear, one of these days, I'm asking Tecchikawahara-sama to make some nichirin claws for me. Kicking him just isn't enough."

"No, no...kicking him is more than enough."

"Maybe I should add spikes on my boots."

"Inori-san, no."

Grimacing, Senjuro nibbled the chocolate Inori got for him. He did know, from his brother, that Inori and Tengen were actually quite close, and that they did get along. But he seriously wondered if it was normal for her to make threats like this. Then again, Kyojuro had always laughed along with her threats, so maybe it was normal.

Though he really wouldn't trust his brother when it came to gauging just how close people were to each other because his brother was the type to say everybody was friends.

"Is that Young Hoshizora?"

Speak of the devil and he shall appear. Kyojuro, having just finished a session of training, entered the dining room in his sweat-stained keikogi. "It's nice to see you again! How have you been doing?"

"I'm great," responded the younger girl with a grin. She beckoned him to take a seat, gesturing towards the plate of chocolate pieces on the table. "Iguro-san told me a very interesting Western culture about giving chocolate, and it sounded so fun that I have to try it, so have some chocolate, Rengoku-san."

"Is that so? How interesting!" Taking a seat next to Senjuro, the Flame Pillar tossed a piece of chocolate into his mouth, and his eyes widened almost immediately. "UMAI!"

"It is, isn't it? He said this one has berries in it. Oh, I have one for you too, Rengoku-san." She pulled out another paper bag, handing it over to Kyojuro. "This one is supposed to have nuts in it. Sounds delicious, right?"

"How interesting! Let's try it!"

Senjuro chuckled as he opened the chocolate that was for Kyojuro, pouring everything in the box into another plate. The chocolate Inori bought really was uniquely flavored. Since his brother and Inori seemed to love them so much, then maybe he should learn how to make something similar.

"Oh, Senjuro-kun, is there anything you want? Another book maybe?" Inori suddenly asked, popping another chocolate into her mouth. "I think I'll be going on a faraway mission soon, so if there's anything you want—"

"Oh, no. You don't have to." Senjuro waved his hands, not wanting to burden a pillar, of all people, to be buying souvenirs for him. "I haven't finished the last novel you gave me." He has, and he has reread the book for the third time now.

"Is that so?" Humming, Inori tilted her head to the side. Senjuro had expressed how he absolutely loved that novel, so it couldn't have been because he didn't like it. "Then, I'll buy you another book from the same author."

"You really don't have to."

"It's okay, Senjuro-kun." Inori smiled, ruffling his hair. "Seeing you enjoying the presents I gave you makes me very happy."

"Umu! Seeing the recipient's reactions is the best part of giving a gift!"

"Rengoku-san, you understand me so well."

Though rather than to see their reactions, Inori just wanted to do whatever she could do with the time she had. She had lost her brothers without being able to do anything for them even though they had done so much for her. At least, this time, she would give the source of her new happiness a lot of her love and happiness. Otherwise, she felt like she would regret everything.