89 • Kibutsuji Muzan's End

The shadows of death have always clung onto him like a parasite. Before he was even born, while he was still in his mother's womb, his heart had stopped countless times. When he was born, he wasn't breathing, he had no pulse, and he was pronounced dead. He had died before he was born, and he died when he was born.

But just as he was about to be cremated, he struggled and let out his first wail. But even then, he had a body that was constantly sick. He was alive, but he wasn't living. He was alive, but he spent his time waiting for the inevitable death to come.

Kibutsuji Muzan has always been haunted by death.

But time and time again, no matter how much death clung to him, he had always managed to live another day. He had lived for a thousand years and more away from the shadows of death. However, at the end of the day, he was unfortunately limited to one body, and that body could only do so much.

As much as he didn't want to admit it, Ubuyashiki Kagaya was right. All that lived would die one day. It was but an inevitable ending. He had killed thousands of people, and he did not remember a single one of their names. Once the flesh died, then everything would also end.

Everything about Kibutsuji Muzan would also end and be forgotten upon his death.

But just like how Tsugikuni Yoriichi's feelings remained in that girl even centuries after his death, he would accept that the only truly eternal and indestructible thing was a human's feelings. It would be inherited and never destroyed, and he would accept that he had lost to it. That was something he had witnessed with his own eyes, and that was something that had shaken him to the point of tears.

That's why I shall pass it on.

Muzan stretched his arm, grabbing Tanjiro's face. His flesh would soon crumble under the sunlight, but that was the only thing that would die. His feelings were indestructible, his feelings were eternal, and he would entrust them to that child.

Tanjiro's heart may have stopped beating, and so have his breathing, but not all his cells have died. Kamado Tanjiro still has time to remain alive as a human, and that was enough. He would pour every last drop of his blood and power into that child, and if that child managed to survive, then he would've succeeded.

You will conquer the sun.

Kamado Tanjiro, the brother of Kamado Nezuko and the user of the same breath as that wretched monster, would become the strongest king amongst the demons. Muzan believed that Tanjiro would not die. He believed that Tanjiro would be able to make his dreams come true.

You will destroy the demon slayers in my stead.

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚☆.。.☆.。.:*☆ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

"You reek of your comrades' blood." Muzan sneered in an attempt to make Tanjiro stay as a demon forever. "You've killed them. They all hate you. Nobody wants you to go back. Even if you apologize and grovel around the ground, nobody will ever forgive you."

That's not something you can decide on. Tanjiro continued to struggle. I can smell that they're all worried about me.

"Quiet. You're going to succeed my will." Muzan hissed, clinging onto Tanjiro like a parasite. So what if someone managed to inject him with an antidote that would make him human again? This boy had received his will, blood, and power. Mere wisteria and human research would not faze him.

"Do not look forward. Do not believe in people. Do not seek out hope. Reject the antidote. Decompose it right this instant," he demanded. "If you don't become a demon, you'll die in a few years. You have to pay for the price of the mark. Just think about yourself. Take the infinite lifespan that lies in front of you."