79 • Welcome to the Infinity Castle

Inori had never run so fast in her life, not even when she escaped from Muzan four years ago. The roof tiles cracked as she kicked them to accelerate herself. Oyakata-sama. Oyakata-sama. Oyakata-sama. Please. Somehow. Oyakata-sama. Her breaths came out in gasps as she continued to internally chant her prayer, no matter how much she knew it wouldn't come true.

Muichiro and Inori both screamed as the Ubuyashiki Estate exploded into flames, the horrible smell of burning flesh mixed with bitter wisteria contaminating the air. No. No. No.

"Oyakata-sama!"

"You motherfucking piece of shit!" Sanemi shouted as he finally reached the estate. "What the fuck did you do to Oyakata-sama?!"

"It's Muzan! Kibutsuji Muzan!" Gyomei yelled out to the incoming pillars. "This guy won't die even if you cut off his head! We have to burn him with the sun!"

Sure enough, Inori could see the very man who barged into her house four years ago, who killed her family, who made the dead restless, who became the root of all her misfortunes. He was being pinned by spikes and by Tamayo, who had her arm deep into his solar plexus. But all Inori could see was his face, his red eyes—that fucking bastard—veins popped all over her neck and temples as years of bottled-up anger finally exploded.

Star Breathing: First Constellation—

Mist Breathing: Fourth Form—

Insect Breathing: Butterfly Dance—

Serpent Breathing: First Form—

Love Breathing: Fifth Form—

Flame Breathing: Third Form—

Water Breathing: Third Form—

Wind Breathing: Seventh Form—

Hinokami Kagura: Sunflower—

Muzan grinned, and suddenly the ground below them transformed into shoji doors. The doors opened, and the attacking pillars all fell into the Infinity Castle.

"You seriously thought you could corner me?" Muzan howled, cackling. "You're all going to hell now! You pathetic demon slayers! I'm slaughtering you all tonight!"

Without any words needed, just a sharp nod from each other, Muichiro placed his palm under Inori's shoes, throwing her upwards. Inori used the boost given to her to leap toward Muzan.

Hinokami Kagura: Beneficent Radiance

Muzan hissed as his skin felt like it had been burned, though it still regenerated almost instantly. He glared at the Star Pillar who glared back. He managed to throw Inori away from him, resulting in her falling into a different area. The shoji doors above them closed as he yelled out, "The last of his successors! I'll kill you for sure! Hoshizora Inori!"

"I'll kill you first!"

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚☆.。.☆.。.:*☆ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

"There are a lot of demons here, huh?" Muichiro commented, casually decapitating another demon as he kept up with Gyomei.

"It looks like they were designed to have the strength of a lower moon. So, he's planning to wear us down," Gyomei said, increasing his speed. "I doubt Hoshizora managed to come close to him, so we have to hurry."

"What about Oyakata-sama?" Muichiro asked. "There's no way Oyakata-sama got discovered because of his own mistake. Did he make himself a decoy?"

"Yes. He knew his days were numbered, so he went to the stars ahead of us," Gyomei answered. "It was a magnificent final moment that left him with no regrets."