50 • Technique Development Training

Inori wiped the blood trickling down her chin, forcing herself to stand up again. She heaved and coughed out more blood, feeling her chest burning with pain. Ignoring her body that demanded her to rest, Inori took another stance.

Star Breathing: Final Constellation: Prayer of the Constellations

Stone Breathing: Third Form: Stone Skin

Gyomei slashed his axe, blocking each and every one of Inori's attacks. Her constantly changing tempo disoriented him, but it didn't make his attacks falter. He deflected every thrust, kick, and slash she sent his way, moving swiftly to counter every flip and leap she made.

Inori huffed and puffed, forcing her eyes to remain in their clairvoyance form until she felt herself on the brink of blindness. Her final form was called the final form because it was to be used as a last attempt to turn the tables during a battle, a form that combined all thirteen forms of Star Breathing into one deadly dance.

She could feel blood dripping down her nose and lips, warning her that she had reached her physical limit. But Inori ignored it, forcing herself to keep on moving even for a single second longer.

Stone Breathing: Fifth Form: Arcs of Justice

Star Breathing: Third Constellation: Mischief of the Twins

Inori jumped to avoid the axe before swiftly using it as a footing to dodge the spiked ball. She performed a mid-air backflip, aiming her swords at Gyomei. But the Stone Pillar easily blocked her attack with his chains.

Star Breathing: Thirteenth Constellation, Modified: Scattering Coils of the Elemental Serpent Bearer, Hydra

A visualization of a nine-headed serpent coiled around him. Gyomei swung his spiked iron ball around, deflecting each and every one of her slashes. He threw his axe as soon as he sensed an opening in her attacks, still swinging his iron ball to prevent Inori from utilizing her agility.

Star Breathing: Twelfth Constellation: Flow of the Fish

Inori weaved through the gaps of his attacks, ignoring the little cuts she got from all the flying debris. Her clairvoyance was at its limits, forcing her to stop using it lest she blind herself. She knew she didn't have long before she would eventually stop moving out of fatigue.

Star Breathing: Seventh Constellation, Modified: Celestial Judgement of the Divine Scales

Stone Breathing: Second Form: Upper Smash

Gyomei stomped on his chains, causing both his iron ball and axe to rebound towards Inori, trapping her from all directions. Finding no other choice, Inori blocked both of his weapons, feeling numbness spread from her fingertips to her neck.

She screamed as she landed back down. Her entire body was aching and sore from all the strain on her muscles. Inori tried to stand again, but she couldn't even put both feet on the ground before collapsing.

"Hoshizora, that's enough." Gyomei lowered his weapons, letting them drop onto the ground. "You're already past your limits. If you go on, you will be too injured to go on your patrols. Let's stop here, go rest."

Inori coughed out more blood, wiping the red liquid that dribbled down her nose and lips. So, this is my limit. I still can't even come close to Himejima-san's level. Closing her eyes, she sighed. I have to work harder to make up for my lack of strength. Speed, agility, body coordination, balance, stamina, reflexes, flexibility, technique, I have to hone the rest of my physical abilities to the max.

Gyomei placed his hand on top of her head, patting her with a small smile on his face, pulling her out of her thoughts. "Don't worry, you have improved since the last time we sparred," he assured her. "Back then, you couldn't move after performing your last form, but now you can still move. That is an improvement you should be proud of."