66 • Irony

"Tsugikuni Yoriichi's disciple?" Kokushibo scoffed. "Impossible. Yoriichi died over four hundred years ago. It's impossible for you and him to be teacher and student."

But then again. Kokushibo unsheathed his sword. She can do a good imitation of Sun Breathing and has the mark. If she really is Yoriichi's student, then I should kill her before she becomes a threat. I'm sure that man will understand.

Moon Breathing: First Form: Dark Moon, Evening Palace

Star Breathing: Tenth Constellation: Clairvoyance of the Goat

Hinokami Kagura: Dance

Weird. Inori thought as she deflected his slashes, blood leaking out of her functioning eye. Just now, I swore I saw someone who looked like Muichiro. Was it his brother? I don't think Muichiro remembers having a family. Oyakata-sama said his family was attacked by a demon, so they must be dead. Somehow, that thought made her burn with anger. I heard Yoriichi-sama too just now. Did I regain my ability to see the dead? But I don't see anyone else? Did I only see them because I was dying?

For some reason, Kokushibo's attacks were beginning to look slow. Inori felt blood seeping into her sclera, but the attack was so slow that she was able to dodge it. Weaving through the tinier and more chaotic crescent moon-shaped slashes, Inori kicked the ground.

And why do I feel so...energized? The wounds he gave me were deep and fatal. She could feel the numbness spreading all over her body. I need to stitch it up as soon as I can or I'll die, so it's weird that I feel...amazing. Her blades trembled as they blocked a huge slash, and she gritted her teeth. Either way, it's probably temporary adrenaline, so I have to take him out as fast as possible.

Hinokami Kagura: Clear Blue Sky

Yoriichi-sama said he used his thirteenth form during his fight with Muzan. But the Hinokami Kagura only has twelve forms. There was an illusion of swirling red following her blades as she swung them. I never discussed the thirteenth form with Tanjiro-san because I didn't want to give him false hope, but there was just something that's always been plaguing my mind.

Inori spun like a wheel, delivering a slash that cut through his attacks. Kokushibo's blade was diced. but it regenerated as soon as it broke. However, she took that chance to minimize the gap between her and the demon.

Hinokami Kagura is originally a dance, just like the Crimson Dance. Normally, to create a beautiful dance, you need to move in a specific pattern. Inori dashed forward with her swords raised at her sides.

Hinokami Kagura: Raging Sun

The twelve forms of the Hinokami Kagura and the legwork of the Crimson Dance. If I can just combine them and do all the forms consecutively, I can recreate a near-perfect replica of Sun Breathing that includes the thirteenth form. She swung her blades, practically feeling the heat of her techniques within her body. It's a theory worth checking.

Hinokami Kagura: Burning Bones, Summer Sun

Inori dodged the blade aiming for her vitals, gritting her teeth as a slash connected with the first few layers of her right ankle, fortunately blocked by the nichirin lacing her boots. He's finally starting to attack me with the aim to kill. She could feel blood trickle out of her eye. There's not much of a choice here. Failing is not an option. I'll complete the dance. I have an obligation to fulfill, and I refuse to go to the stars until Muzan falls into Avici.

Hinokami Kagura: Setting Sun Transformation

"Even if you can do Sun Breathing, in the end, it's nothing but an imitation." Kokushibo swung his sword, a barrage of crescent moon-shaped slashes aimed towards her. Inori dodged what she could and deflected what she couldn't, receiving more cuts in the process. "You can never be compared to him. Yoriichi was more than you will ever be."