74 • Conqueror of the Sun

Mist Breathing: Fifth Form: Sea of Clouds and Haze

Muichiro slashed the water prison that was keeping Inori captive, catching her as she fell into a gasping mess. He carried her away from the demon without missing a beat, feeling his anger spiking even more when he saw the needles piercing her skin.

"How?!" Gyokko screeched, chasing the Mist Pillar who kept leaping away from him with Inori in his arms. "How the hell did a lowly maggot like you manage to escape from my water pot?! And what's with that birthmark?! I never heard about you having that!"

"Mui?" Inori coughed out the water in her lungs. She grabbed onto his shoulder as Muichiro landed on the roof, immediately pulling the needles out of her.

"Where's your antidote?" Muichiro rummaged through her waist bag, feeling cold sweat trickling down his face at the sight of many shattered vials and not a single familiar one. "Inori, where is your antidote supply?"

"Gave it to the villagers." Inori coughed, doubling over on her waist as she retched. Her grip on Muichiro's shoulder tightened as he supported her to stand. She easily pulled out a small vial of translucent purple liquid. "I have an emergency one, but it's only for one person."

"You drink it."

"No." Inori stubbornly shook her head, shoving the vial into his chest, only to have Muichiro shove it back. "Mui, don't be stubborn. My wounds have reopened and I'm weak right now. This antidote is useless to me."

"You fought Upper Moon One in worse condition. Drink it." Muichiro tried to push the vial back, but in terms of strength, he and Inori were equal, so they were stuck in a stalemate. "Inori, we still need to take care of Upper Moon Five. Don't be stubborn and drink it."

Gyokko was quivering in his pots, angry veins popping all over his neck. How dare they! How dare they! How dare they! How dare they ignore the marvelous Gyokko-sama! I'll kill them! I'll kill those shitty brats!

Blood Demon Art: Octopus Vase Hell

Muichiro swiftly gathered Inori in his arms, leaping away from the octopus tentacles. He went into the shed, placing Inori back on the ground. "Drink the antidote and go deal with Upper Moon Four. Upper Moon Five has a water-related attack and you're afraid of water, so I'll take care of him—"

"Yeah, no thanks." Inori popped open the vial and practically shoved it into his mouth, forcing Muichiro to drink it. She gripped his arms with one hand and pinched his nose with the other, giving him no other choice but to swallow the antidote. Inori grinned as Muichiro choked on the antidote. "You can deal with Upper Moon Five, but I'm not letting you go out there with poison in your veins."

"What are you doing?" But Muichiro knew it was too late. He had already gulped down the antidote, and the vial was empty. "You're poisoned too."

"Out of the two of us, I am the one with wisteria in my veins," Inori replied calmly even as he gripped her arms and shook her. "Somebody has to try all those experimental poisons and antidotes, right?"

"You tried poison?"

"You did not just hear that."

"Oi, you lowly brats!" Gyokko's pots hopped into the shack, looking comically angry. "How dare you ignore Gyokko-sama—"

"Shut up for a moment, we're talking here." Muichiro dismissed the enraged demon, turning his attention back to Inori. "You tried poison almost weekly!"

"You're remembering a lot—"

"I got my memories back. Don't change the subject. What were you thinking?"