70 • The Village of Swordsmiths

Inori hid her red face behind her hands as Muichiro walked without a care through the village. She wouldn't have cared either if she wasn't being carried in the Mist Pillar's arms while people stared at them throughout their walk toward the chief's house.

"I can walk, you know."

"Kocho-san told you to rest, so it's better if you don't move around too much, and you were practically hopping on one foot."

Inori sighed, snuggling closer to Muichiro's chest. It wasn't like she hated the fact that she was being carried around. In fact, she actually enjoyed it. But seeing people staring at her and calling her weak behind their hands was a bit disheartening.

"It has been a while, Hoshizora-dono, Tokito-dono," Tecchin greeted upon seeing the two pillars. "I am pleased to know that Hoshizora-dono will still be able to wield the sword. I will do my utmost best to make a stronger sword for you."

"I'll leave it in your capable hands, Tecchikawahara-sama." Inori lightly bowed her head. "However, I do have some requests for upgrades, especially regarding the handle since I no longer have my left index finger. I also want a different kind of blade for the ones in my shoes."

"Of course, give me all the upgrades you want." The chief of the village beamed behind his mask. "As usual, it may take around three weeks for your weapons to be done, but I heard that your body isn't fit to be sent to the field yet, so please enjoy your stay in our village."

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚☆.。.☆.。.:*☆ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

Inori soaked her legs in the hot water, humming in contentment. "You know you can go to the full body bath, right? You didn't have to join me here." She smiled at the Mist Pillar next to her, said pillar was looking at the darkening sky dazedly.

Muichiro hummed, swinging his legs and causing the water to ripple slightly. "I'm fine with this...by the way, how long are you going to be off duty?" His hand went up to brush the ends of her hair.

"A few months." Inori leaned into his palm, feeling the warmth of it on her neck. "I can still go on normal missions and patrols, but Shinobu-nee told me to wait until I'm back at full strength since there's a higher chance for me to encounter the Twelve Demon Moons." And she was sure she would really die if she encountered an upper moon in her current condition. "It kind of sucks that I can't even enjoy the hot springs because of the bandages."

"It'll get better." Muichiro patted her head, embracing her in a side hug. He nuzzled his face against the crook of her neck. "Your hair is fluffier now. I like it. And you're not covering your face anymore."

"Fluffy?" Inori laughed, twirling a strand between her fingers. "And well, Rengoku-san was kind enough to give me an eyepatch, so I don't need to cover my face with my hair anymore. Although I had to threaten Uzui-san not to put diamonds on it."

Tengen's diamonds were heavy, and Inori did not have enough strength to fight with a huge diamond over her destroyed eye. Though she did accept the bedazzled eyepatch and hung it in her room. The eyepatch made a pleasant jingling noise whenever the wind blew, so that was a plus.

Whatever Muichiro was trying to say got drowned by a high-pitched voice calling out Inori's name. It didn't take more than ten seconds for Mitsuri to engulf both of them in a hug.

"Inori-chan! It's been a while. I'm really glad you're alright. I was so worried." Mitsuri sat down beside her, squealing silently. Inori-chan has short hair now. She looks so fluffy and child-like now. Her scar makes her look so majestic though. How wonderful and cute.

"I'm still off duty until I'm fully healed up though. Shinobu-nee prohibited me from fighting any more demon moons until then."

Kyaa. Now that I notice it, Muichiro-kun and Inori-chan are hugging. Mitsuri held her cheeks. What is this? Are they finally together? How cute. How cute. "Inori-chan and Muichiro-kun are so cute. Are you two finally lovers now?" Mitsuri blinked dumbly as Inori and Muichiro looked at each other, tilting their heads to the side.