86 • One Last Fight

"Hoshizora-sama! Tokito-sama!" A kakushi came running towards them with their swords in his hand. "Oh, God! You have to get treated! Medic! Medic!"

"No need." Muichiro, who had his left arm looped around Inori, tried to stagger forward, only to nearly fall again. "Just give us our swords. Muzan isn't dead yet."

"But...but...your arm...your eye...your internal organs are—"

"Please." Inori unwound Muichiro from her shoulder, making sure the Mist Pillar could stand without falling before turning towards the kakushi. "Please. Just give us our swords. Help us tie it around our hands. Then, treat the others. Wake them up if you have to. We still need to wait for dawn. We still need to kill Muzan. Please."

Muichiro panted out heavy breaths, leaning his head against Inori's shoulder as the kakushi bound their sword to their remaining hand. Whatever medicine Inori used to stop his bleeding before had lost its effect, and he could do nothing more than hope he would last until dawn.

"One last time, Mui." Inori squeezed his hand. Whether they miraculously survived or died, they knew it would be their last fight. She staggered to her feet, shifting into a stance. "One last fight."

Muichiro gritted his teeth as he also staggered to his feet. He could see his reflection in her glassy eyes and her bloodstained blade—red, they needed to turn it red—and he nodded, readying himself to clash his sword with hers.

"One last fight."

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚☆.。.☆.。.:*☆ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

Muzan widened his eyes as realization dawned on him. The reason why I can't kill that wounded human or those pillars is because...I'm slowing down. There was just no other explanation. Otherwise, this duel...this whole fight wouldn't have lasted this long. I would never fail to kill someone off. This must be Tamayo's doing. I'll bring back her cells that I absorbed and ask her myself.

Muzan gathered whatever remained of Tamayo's cells inside of him, forming the demon woman's head. "What did you do to me? Wasn't the medicine you used supposed to only turn me human?"

"The drug I used does turn you into a human." Tamayo smirked, mockery all over her face. "But I'm not telling you anything else. Why don't you use all those useless brains you now have?"

Muzan crushed her head in his anger. Fine. I'll look through the memories left in her cells.

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚☆.。.☆.。.:*☆ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

He saw a lab and three people moving about. He could see the demon Tamayo created, the human poisoner Douma ate, and the Blue Spider Lily girl.

"The drug you made is incredible, Tamayo-san." Shinobu peeked into the microscope with a smirk. "But let's make it a hybrid, shall we? In the scenario where the demon-reversal medicine fails, let's create something with a stronger effect that will work."

"The demon-reversal drug to weaken his blood." Inori held up a vial, an equally victorious grin on her face. "And an aging drug to weaken his body." She gestured towards the open notebook on the table. "If we use what you created." She did a quick calculation. "Then, we would be able to make Muzan age by fifty years per minute. If thousands of years had passed, surely the demon blood in his veins would thin." She lifted her head, smiling as if she had won.

"At the end of the day, aren't demons and humans so similar?"

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚☆.。.☆.。.:*☆ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙