Chapter 4

Chapter 4

"Why hello there Ashley. Where are you off to?"

Ashley turned her head around and groaned when she saw him. She hugged her books tighter to her chest and glared at him as he stood next to her, too close for comfort. 

Using her index finger, she pushed his chest away, ignoring how his rock hard chest made her feel a little dizzy. "Ever heard of personal space mister?"

"With you mia bella? Nope." he replied with a toothy grin, popping the 'p'. He leaned his body against the wall and smirked at her. "Where are you off to?"

"Class." she rolled her eyes and continued walking again. She felt him walking besides her and fought to keep the smile off her face. 

"Class? What's that?" he said with mock confusion. 

"It's a place where those with goals and ambitions go in order to be successful." She turned to him and smirked. "Two things that you clearly lack." 

"Ouch. Is it going to be like this every single time?"

"What? Me pointing out how incapable you are of learning?" Ashley stopped and turned to him, giving him a sickly sweet smile. "Seems like it."

"You wound me. My ego dropped down three sizes since meeting you." he placed his hand over his heart and sighed dramatically. "My heart can't take anymore mia bella. Please say something nice to help me feel better."

"I don't feel like feeding your ego. Any larger and people won't be able to see your," she glanced down before looking up and smirking at him, "little friend." 

"I'll have you know, there's nothing little about me." he said in a deadpan voice. 

"That's what they all say." Ashley replied. 

"That hurts. Say something nice and maybe I'll forgive you." Dante grinned. 

"I never asked for your forgiveness." Ashley replied. 

"But you need it." Dante shoved her shoulder gently. "Come on Ash. Just one little comment."

Ashley just gave him a blank look. She poked his chest, "Nothing nice to say about you." her eyes danced with amusement when he gave her his unimpressed look.

"There's a lot mia bella."

"I don't recall any."

"Did we not have this conversation before?" he placed his finger under his chin as if thinking. "Ah yes we did. Yesterday to be exact."

"And we will only have to same conversation everyday so might as well stop bothering me." Ashley didn't know why but her heart tugged painfully when she had said that. 

She didn't know why but the thought of not being able to see Dante made her sad beyond compare.

"On one condition."

She felt her heart stop. Did this mean that he would actually leave her alone?

She gulped and faked a smile at him. "Joy what do I have to do to get rid of you." 

"Go on a date with me."

Ashley gaped. She dropped her books to the ground at just stared at him, not believing what had just came out of his mouth. "W-what?"

Dante nodded his head. Bending down, he picked up her books and held them in his right hand. His left hand went behind his neck and scratched it nervously. "Yeah. Go on a date with me and if you don't enjoy it then I'll never bother you again."