Chapter 31

THE FIRST CHAPTER OF SPIN OFF IS OUT! If you guys want some spoilers, go check it out. It's called Only a Surrogate. If not, then wait until Isabella is finished. :))

Anyways, we're coming close to the end now. :(( This chapter actually made me cry. Once again, it's almost 3:00 and I'm up writing just for you guys. So if there are any mistakes, please point them out and I'll fix them when I'm sober. 

Chapter 31

Alessio groaned as he opened his eyes and looked into Ashley's frightened ones. He rolled over to his back and groaned as a searing pain coursed through his leg. He looked down and cursed seeing blood dripping down from the bullet that pierced through his skin.

He looked around the room that began to burn in flames. His eyes widened. Screams echoed throughout the hallway. Frantic shouts and cursing gave him the realization of what just happened. The hospital is under attack.

He stood up, biting his lip to prevent the yell that threaten to come out. He held his hand out for Ashley to take. "We have to get out of here."

Ashley looked at him with fear in her eyes. She grabbed his hand and looked down. Gasping she reached down. "Alessio, you're hurt."

Alessio put his hand out in front of hers. "Don't bother. I've had worse. Come. We need to get you to safety."

Ashley looked at him, worry swimming in her eyes. Nonetheless, she nodded and stood up straighter. She held onto Alessio's hand.

"Cover your mouth and nose." Alessio instructed her.

She did as he told her. Her eyes darted around the room, tears coming to her eyes as the smoke entered them. She blinked. Her eyes down cast to the ground where two bodies laid. She gasped, seeing the mangled body of the nurse tossed on the other side of the room. She turned her head to the end of the bed. A strangled cry left her lips, seeing the bullet that lodged itself in Alessandra's body.

She dropped down to the ground and shook her. "Alessandra." she sobbed. "Wake up, please. Alessandra."

Although Alessandra had been the worst step-mother to gaze the earth, Ashley had forgiven her. She knew that Alessandra was so blinded by hatred but yet still loved her son endlessly. Samuel would not be able to live with himself.

In addition, she risked her life to warn her. Even though she was too late.

"Ashley we have to go."

"No, no, no." she sobbed, holding onto Alessandra's head. "Wake up please. You can't leave like this. Samuel needs you."

"Ashley we don't have time. We must go." Alessio said, bringing her up despite the pain. He knew any added pressure would cause the blood to flow out faster but he didn't care. All he cared about was getting Ashley to safety.

Ashley continued to sob but she allowed Alessio to drag her with him. Her heart continued to break for the woman who sacrificed her life to warn the person who she hated most in the entire world. It had been her way of apologizing to Ashley.

"Ashley!"

Ashley snapped her head and sobbed harder as Samuel ran towards her.

Alessio handed her over to Samuel. "Take her. I need to access the damage."

"You're injured."

Alessio shook his head. "It doesn't matter." he muttered before running off.

Ashley sobbed into Samuel's chest. "A-Alessandra."

Samuel picked her up and carried her bridal style. Ashley wrapped her arms around his neck and continued to cry. He ran down the stairs as the elevators were closed off. "What about her?" he asked, already not liking the answer.